Twiggs / Bleckley Rut Update

HughW2

Is rut still rolling or is it finished?
I have been busy and have not hunted much, but I know Thanksgiving week has been historically good time to be in woods in Twiggs and Bleckley.
Thanks for feedback.

Last weekend i was able to grunt in several small to medium sized bucks and they ended up running does out of the field. One of the big boys im after completely changed up on me and was spotted on camera in a field he hasnt been seen at before. I also had a big buck from neighboring property show up where there has been a ton of buck activity. I think its still going to be a good week in the woods. Killed a stud years ago the day before thanksgiving and one last year on the day after so im pretty pumped.

HughW2

FeatheredIndian,
Thanks for the update. I have havent had the opportunity to get in the woods this year. Will grab a couple days here Friday and Saturday. Have a great Thanksgiving!

FeatheredIndian,
Thanks for the update. I have havent had the opportunity to get in the woods this year. Will grab a couple days here Friday and Saturday. Have a great Thanksgiving!
Sure thing man. Hope you and yours have a great thanksgiving as well!

HughW2

Any body have any rut reports in Twiggs or Bleckley for 2020? Are they moving yet. I saw a lot of scrapes last weekend, but it seemed to be nocturnal activity.

jchowell90

Alot of young bucks chasing and cruising. Killed a good 8 on Halloween in North twiggs. Alot of good deer killed in twiggs. Haven't seen anything big chasing so it should be anytime

Nathan Sheppard

Its been hard hunting due to the weather I saw does right before all the rain and they seamed to be under no pressure. Thankfully the rain moved out and cold fronts are coming in. I will be hunting this coming week 15th to 19th. Ill check back in with a report should be an excellent week ahead of us.

HughW2

I went Friday through Tuesday am. Didn’t see anything Friday till Monday am. Monday evening I saw seven and that included four bucks. Tuesday morning I took one of the same bucks I saw the evening before. A nice little seven point, no giant, but needed some meat and my hunting time was running out. The guys hunting this week will be blessed.

Attachments

• 5DB023EF-122A-412A-AE3F-352D5672294E.jpeg
    5DB023EF-122A-412A-AE3F-352D5672294E.jpeg
    445.3 KB · Views: 46

ArmyTaco

Any body have any rut reports in Twiggs or Bleckley for 2020? Are they moving yet. I saw a lot of scrapes last weekend, but it seemed to be nocturnal activity.
I know this is an old post, but they were rutting in Oct at my place in Bleckley. Only big buck I had on camera in the day was after a doe at the corn pile.

Nathan Sheppard

Well its that time of year Again I have noticed the deer are hitting scrapes pretty hard the past few weeks I have not seen chasing yet. I Hunt near the Bullard rd I-16 area I will be hunting the second week this month. Last year I hunted the 15th through the 19th and saw some chasing but not in abundance. Seeing what the week before will produce. Hey next year i will hunt the end of the month. Does anybody near the area have anything to add? I would like to see this Forum more active. Would be great documentation through the years.

splinter17

In Western Twiggs, I saw a 6 pointer following a doe last Sat at 5:30pm. He wasn't pressing her yet. This weekend should be good.

jchowell90

Seen a good buck running a doe hard Friday morning. Could not get him to stop also had to small bucks about 10 seconds after him running the same path they took.. Had a nice little 15 inch 8 point this morning behind a doe following. Grunting every step. This is around the sgoda rd exit

Nathan Sheppard

This morning around 8am my hunting partner shot a cul buck chasing three does. Yesterday evening I watched two does for several minutes feeding with no pressure seams that most of the rut action has been in the mornings at least in our area. From my perspective I think the Rut is just now firing up hopefully the mature bucks will step in soon. I will be in the woods all week I will update if I see any changes of pattern.

HughW2

Good luck everyone! I have commitments through Sunday, but I plan on hunting most of next week. I hate that I will miss Saturday and Sunday, the cold snap should really get things going.

HughW2

Hunted for the last three days; between heat, wind and bright moon movement was way off. Did see does and little bucks each day. Little bucks are pawing and trying to make scrapes. Did see some good scrapes, but big bucks must be moving at night. Hopefully the cold weather on Saturday and Sunday will really kick the rut into gear. Good luck to everyone.