Two little bitty ones

godogs57

Ordered by a gentleman in Texas where everything is bigger….except these blades. Two matching Canadian Skinners at 6” long. CPM154 stainless steel with matching desert ironwood handles cut from the same block. He specified one standard sheath (belt loop) and one pouch (no belt loop). Honestly, a knife this size needs just a pouch where it can ride in your pocket or in your daypack. My blades always reside in my pack, regardless of size. Take a look at the second pic…told you they were small.

Thanks for looking. Everyone have a great 2023!61779D68-B091-4DFE-AB6F-A15760941519.jpeg
3937878C-BA1D-4EA2-8673-F90F0936C958.jpeg

Yes it is. I have a friend in Alaska that’s a Brown bear guide on Unimak Island. He has six of my blades and they are all this size or smaller. Skinning out thousand pound bears. He wants nothing any larger.
I had a feeling that’s the kind of use they might be for .. that’s a lot of capping and skinning too !

godogs57

They just skin him out, get the skull and leave the rest for the critters. He told me “It’s a protein starved environment there. It goes to good use.”

tjchurch

As always, beautiful work sir.

Redbow

Those knives are beautiful I like a small knife I think they are more useful than a big one.

Latest posts