Two off the bench this week

John I. Shore

Looking good!

Shadow11

Juan is a great friend and maker.

Oh ok. I never knew what his name was. I always just knew him as lone wolf. I only met him a time or two. When I was a kid, my dad and I stopped at a yard sale across the road from where he later built his shop. There was an old shack there with a black smith shop inside. We could hear someone down there hammering away, so my dad took me down there. He was pounding some of those awesome damascus blades. At least I think that was him, unless someone was helping him. Looked like some Very tough work.

My dad used to have a little flea market type store up the road, and sold a few of his knives for him. My uncle had a big liquidation type store in Hayesville, NC years ago, and sold several of them up there. Beautiful work.

godogs57

Oh ok. I never knew what his name was. I always just knew him as lone wolf. I only met him a time or two. When I was a kid, my dad and I stopped at a yard sale across the road from where he later built his shop. There was an old shack there with a black smith shop inside. We could hear someone down there hammering away, so my dad took me down there. He was pounding some of those awesome damascus blades. At least I think that was him, unless someone was helping him. Looked like some Very tough work.

My dad used to have a little flea market type store up the road, and sold a few of his knives for him. My uncle had a big liquidation type store in Hayesville, NC years ago, and sold several of them up there. Beautiful work.
Know right where you’re referring to....been there several times. He’s full blooded Apache I was always told.

Juan is a great friend and maker.

I drive by his place every time I head up to Swallow Creek WMA. Guess I'll stop by next time and see if he can sharpen some of my knives.