Two top picks are done

Keith48

Before this year started, there were two names that were at the top of most preseason lists of who would be the first Nextel Cup champion - Ryan Newman and Jimmie Johnson. Both of those guys are done. Since my guy is out, I am going to pull for Elliott Sadler (the hunter) or Mark Martin (sentimental favorite) to win it, but I think that Kurt Busch is the man to beat.

Arrow3

I agree...

Its hard to believe though....I personally thought Jimmie Johnson was gonna win it all a month or so ago....JJ started falling of right before the chase started....Seems like the fire left that team when they started blowing all those engines...

Perry Hayes

Anybody but Busch, I would hate for everyone to have to look at him that much.Maybe he can get some Johnson/ Newman luck this weekend.

L

loouuii

Rubberhead aka the bug eyed dummy

I really think he has made too many enemies and one of them is going to see to it that he gets a"mulligan" as the tv guys like to call it.

I would almost be willing to bet that it just might even be the last thing Robbie Gordon does in cup car being as this is his last year with RCR.

short stop

Maybe JJ can get a break at CHARLOTTE this wkend . You know i am a 8 fan --but I like to see those CHEVYS up front . JJ has really been on a hard road since the shootout started .

Keith48

loouuii,

The "bug-eyed dummy" name was affixed to Greg Biffle, not Kurt Busch, by Sterling Marlin after the Watkins Glen race when Biffle wrecked him.

SS,

Jimmie always runs good at Charlotte and this weekend could get him back on track, but I think it will be too little too late. But you guys are right - ANYTHING can happen!

Last edited: