Tybee Island Trout 07/14/21

Seanote

I put the boat in late due to a great visit with my daughter for coffee this morning. The water was relatively clear and 83 degrees. I got to my first spot at 9:00 and only caught a couple of no-keepers. After lilttle luck at the usual spots, I decided to scout a bit. Found a new spot that was loaded with trout. I was fishing a DOA shrimp with no cork. Problem was I left my leader in the truck and had to tie directly to my 10 lb. braid. I had 3 or 4 break-offs on decent fish. Braid is useless around oysters without a leader. I quit fishing at 1:00 as I had to get back early. I managed to boat 4 keepers and about 10 shorts. It was beautiful on the water today. I can't wait to get back.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Feel free to pm coordinates!!
Sound like a great day

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle
"worthless:

Seanote

Sorry. I usually never take time to photo fish that I release, because I am in a hurry to get my bait back in the water. SORRY I thought this thread was about learning. I will refrain from posting in The future unless I kill my fish and take a pic at the end of the day. Sorry for the inappropriate post.

Big7

The Oracle
Sorry. I usually never take time to photo fish that I release, because I am in a hurry to get my bait back in the water. SORRY I thought this thread was about learning. I will refrain from posting in The future unless I kill my fish and take a pic at the end of the day. Sorry for the inappropriate post.
Geeezzzz.
Take a pill.

I just would have liked to see the fish.

Seanote

I just thought it tacky to say my posts are worthless but it doesn't sound as if you had bad intentions.If that is your way of apologizing, I accept.

Ihunt

I just thought it tacky to say my posts are worthless but it doesn't sound as if you had bad intentions.If that is your way of apologizing, I accept.

Seanote,
It’s just a saying. We old farts like our pictures. Come on here and tell us about your new boat and don’t post pics you’ll get the same thing. Kill a big deer, no pics, same thing. New truck…..

And like above, worthless without pics….?

Hickory Nut

Glad you had a good day on the water. There are days I want to fish and not be bothered with taking pictures. Nothing wrong with that.

Seanote

Sorry Big 7. Sometimes I have a tendency to overreact when I get criticized for a post. So few people even post on their trips, I get discusted by the lack of sharing of information. I'll take credit for this one gong south. I have to remember that this format lends itself to misinterpretations of posters intentions. My bad!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Seanote is a good one. He shared some great info through pm with me. If he ever needs info from me on the area just south of him where I fish, I'll gladly share it with him.

marlin

Seanote, If the fish are biting I take pics at the end of the trip when I clean fish. I will take a pic of a big trout, over slot redfish or maybe a tarpon while on the water. I never post any pictures other than sending one or two to people I fish with.

Seanote

Seanote, If the fish are biting I take pics at the end of the trip when I clean fish. I will take a pic of a big trout, over slot redfish or maybe a tarpon while on the water. I never post any pictures other than sending one or two to people I fish with.

I do pretty much the same. I have posted plenty of pics in the past, but have been releasing many of my fish lately as I have a pretty well stocked freezer with snapper and grouper right now.

I seldom get a chance to fish so I never post here. I do, however, lurk here nearly every day and enjoy the reading/seeing what others do. Pics are great, but the info is more important to me for those times that I do get a chance to go. It's good to know if folks are catching back in the creeks or out in the sound, if the bait shrimp are in, if anyone's seeing tarpon, etc. Keep on posting guys!

That being said, I ran down to cut the grass a couple of weeks ago and picked up a few small drum off the dock