Tybee Island trout

Seanote

Overslept today and didn't get to the spot until !!;30. The bite was on, but the fish were small. Water temp was 83-85 and clear on the incoming and stained on the outgoing. Tried for flounder with mullet for the fist hour with no keepers. Went to a trout spot and the fish were there. Tons of short fish 12-13 inches. I caught 5 shorts on 5 consecutive casts at one point. Managed to get two good fish for the table and released a couple of 14 inch fish. I got a good one though. All fish were caught on artificial. On the way out we ran up on a group of large pogies and the tarpon were busting on them. We must have seen 20 fish breach while chasing ponies. It was an amazing sight and went on for about 30 minutes. The fish were not large 4-5 feet. Awesome!

Attachments

• trout.png
    trout.png
    429.8 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

marlin

Made a trip to the St Mary’s jetties today. Fished for flounder for a couple hrs first thing with no luck. Trout fished for a couple of hrs with three keepers going in the cooler. No short fish caught today. Tried the tarpon that was rolling at the end of the jetties with no takers. Trout caught on artificial’s. Tried live pogey’s and artificial’s for the tarpon.

slow motion

Overslept today and didn't get to the spot until !!;30. The bite was on, but the fish were small. Water temp was 83-85 and clear on the incoming and stained on the outgoing. Tried for flounder with mullet for the fist hour with no keepers. Went to a trout spot and the fish were there. Tons of short fish 12-13 inches. I caught 5 shorts on 5 consecutive casts at one point. Managed to get two good fish for the table and released a couple of 14 inch fish. I got a good one though. All fish were caught on artificial. On the way out we ran up on a group of large pogies and the tarpon were busting on them. We must have seen 20 fish breach while chasing ponies. It was an amazing sight and went on for about 30 minutes. The fish were not large 4-5 feet. Awesome!
Thanks for the report. And the pic. I know pictures are not your thing. Congrats on your success.

Latest posts