Tyin Today 1 Week Later

allenww

Rod Building

Betcha you get hooked.

I sure did. There is nothing like fishing your own rod, except that for the first few times you tend to baby it.

If you know how ( I do not) post a few photos as you go along, and maybe give us your technicals.

wa

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
GBF, those flies are experiments or better yet variations of RLD's. The ones in the bottom left have red yarn tails with yellow chenillebody, chain bead eyes and no hackle. The ones in the middle have a pheasent tail tail with a bicolor brown and yellow chenille body, bead eyes and again no hackle. Very simple and quick flies to tie. I'll let you know how they work.

bonedog

Ready for spring and some warm water fishin'. Been tying a pile of these.
bd

DSC00003-16.jpg

luv2drum

Well, I'm almost ready to hit the Hooch DH near buford. Been tying BWO's, Y2K's, San Juans, zebra midges, just need to tye some stone flys, and a couple of others. I think that should cover a bunch of bases.

luv2drum

Rld

How's this?

Attachments

• S7301360.jpg
    S7301360.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 123
  • S7301361.jpg
    S7301361.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 125
  • S7301362.jpg
    S7301362.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 134
  • S7301363.jpg
    S7301363.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
RLDs look great!!!!!!!! Makes the ones I tied for the swap shameful!:p

flyfisher76544

Started tieing a few last weekend. Bass and gills should start moving here soon.....if the weather cooperates.

Lokking at hitting the Cumberland river here in April as well.

flies2.jpg

My son tied the top 2 Grey hackle peacocks. We both are still working on our tying but we have fun.

flyfisher76544

Wooly worm, was messing around and had a bit of chenile left.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Started tieing a few last weekend. Bass and gills should start moving here soon.....if the weather cooperates.

Lokking at hitting the Cumberland river here in April as well.

flies2.jpg

My son tied the top 2 Grey hackle peacocks. We both are still working on our tying but we have fun.

Lookin good!