• Home made wooden ladder

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Ground blind

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other...

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters

HORTON

Just curious as to what types of stands everyone uses a majority of the time.

I use a climber about 90% of the time. I'll use a metal ladder stand in some honey holes, that will stay on the tree for a few years. Then we'll usually have a home built ladder stand around too. I have used a hang-on from time to time too.

Last edited:

How2fish

Too bad you can't list more than I type...I use climbers and metal ladder stands together about 75% of the time and the rest I use a ground blind..many of us I would think use more than 1 type of stand.. :fine:

HORTON

Thanks "How2". I edited the question to ask what everyone uses the majority of the time.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
All of the above...I chose ladder. Currently I have a couple of climbers, 10 lock ons a couple of tripods and 6 ladders

Jim

Schulze

I dont like being in a tree and i dont like blinds. I dont move that much and sit against a tree or ontop of a boulder

Taylor Co.

I hunt mostly from climbers because of their portability. I like to move according to food sources during bow season. I do however, utilize several loc-ons and ladder stands.

HORTON

Dang Jim, I'm proud of you for remembering all those stands.

::ke:

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I use a climber and loc-ons for bow hunting. Use a ground blind when i take kids with me.

H

HT2

Horton..........

I picked Loc-on's but I'd say mine time in the stand is pretty much split into 3rd's........

1/3 climber

1/3 loc-on's

1/3 tower stand

:D

PWalls

Until last year was 80% loc-on and 20% climber.

I voted ground blind.

Last year and I expect this year will be probably 75% ground blind and 25% climber.

Sandman619

I chose steel ladder cause thats what I have the most of, but I still use a climber and lock-on on occasion.

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
90% of the time a climber. I own two climbers.

Also have a new lock on stand I'm going to use this year.

Also hunt a couple of ladders I have out as well.

Tommy

miner

I voted climber, but own and hunt out of all of the above.I like ladder stands during bow season,its just too hot to add any more work to the hunt.

fredw

Retired Moderator
You'll usually find me in a metal ladder. We have one wooden ladder left on the lease that I may hunt a time or two each year.

When I hunt WMAs, I'll hunt from the climber. Unless it's Ossabaw...on the ground then.

Jeff Phillips

I'm kind of all over the place. I use all except the lock ons.

Most of the time? It would probably be a tie between metal ladders, climbers, and my turkey stool/OTG.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Majority of time I use my API climber, but do have several loc-ons that I use also.