Tyty Nursery

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
+++++ I have used BOTH Ison's & Wildlife Group. I think Wildlife Group has a better variety of different trees and their prices for 7 gallon containers can't be beat.

I'm going to Ison's in a few weeks and get some muscadines. They are very well known in the muscadine world and they have several patented varieties that they 'bred'.

I just put 30 fruit & 10 AU chestnuts in the ground a few weeks back from WG. I've already called and ordered 20 more AU chestnuts for Nov 2016 pickup.
3rd that.

jazar

Has anyone here ever had any experience ordering fruit trees from Tyty nursery? Just curious. Any input, good or bad, appreciated.
Yes, I had the worst experience ever from anything I have bought online. I received a dead tree, tried for 3 months to water it and nurse it to health. Ty Ty Nursery customer service wasn't willing to do anything but delay. Then after three months of frustration, and pictures, they acknowledged it was dead, but they have a NO REFUND, NO REPLACEMENT policy.

After I realized that something is not right about this company, I did some research and found hundreds, if not thousands of complaints online, tons of complaints with the Better Business Bureau. And apparently the company has over 30 aliases they use online.

I highly recommend that you do not buy anything from Ty Ty Plant Nursery. If you are purchasing plants from another online company, do some research and make sure it is no one of Ty Ty's alias names.

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Sure sorry to hear that for you. I have not heard anything good about them!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I do not, and will not do business with them.

bhouston

RUN dont walk away from TyTy. Mis-labeled trees, dead on arrival, etc. For pears - go to Hallman Farms. The proprietary pear trees are the best - grow well, produce well and largely blight resistant.

Jim Boyd

RUN dont walk away from TyTy. Mis-labeled trees, dead on arrival, etc. For pears - go to Hallman Farms. The proprietary pear trees are the best - grow well, produce well and largely blight resistant.

Benny and Kenny at Hallman’s are the real deal.

You can deal with confidence.

I got 150+ trees from them this year and all are doing well

possum235

I ordered fruit trees and blueberry plants and grape plants All I got was plants with no roots. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

I've had good luck with Hallman Farms, The Wildlife Group, Ison's and Century Farm. Century Farm has old southern apple trees. They also have a local pear called Plumbee. It is a good eating pear.

I've stayed away from Ty Ty because of the bad reviews.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Here's my perspective, from someone who has spent most of my life working in the nursery and horticultural industry:

TyTy is a no-go. I wouldn't order a dead housecat from them. I have had good results from Ison's.

My advice always is to look at the roots of your bare root plants. If there are numerous FINE roots with a good root system it has a good chance of making it.
If is just a few large pencil size roots it will in all liklihood not make it. Place it in an appropriate size pot and grow it at home for the season where you can water and help it develop a survivable root system. This is so important for remote sites that will be difficult to keep watered. Protect your investment, especially with what I call bag trees that you see at a lot of stores, and give them the best shot to survive. I usually buy in Jan/Feb...plant the superior rooted plants, pot the rest and plant in Dec/Jan on a non freezing day! Have had excellent success with this system. Also, if I buy late closeouts or specials any time past April 1, I keep at home and plant out in the fall/winter of that year.