UGA Football Player Dies in car wreck

buckpasser

That has been my thought since this “came out”. If everybody involved was old enough to be where they were then how is this news? Is the issue that two good looking white girls were out with some black dudes?

I think that’s part of it, for sure, but are several layers that might be news or might be nothing. Too soon to say.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I can see where you’re coming from, but I’d lean towards don’t shoot the messenger here. Is it possible that the situation is the “trashy” part? Are there supposed to be positive thoughts about the incident?
Not positive thoughts but maybe a little more professionalism on the part of the ajc would be in order. Everybody there was old enough to be there. Are we shocked college students drink and that college guys like looking at naked women? Nope. So what’s left? That university employees were out with football players. Could be they were giving them a ride home because they were drunk. Would we rather they drive drunk? Nope. If they weren’t giving them a ride home and they were on a “date” why does an article need to be written about it? At worst some sort of school policy about fraternization was violated. Who cares? People in business and the military have such policies to deal with and violate them everyday.

In the end two people are dead but the ajc wants to do a TMZ style story about sex and drugs and alcohol. Maybe all that was going on. Are they all adults? Yes. And two of them are now dead. So why is there an article about it other than the ajc just enjoys thinking and talking about stuff like that?

buckpasser

Not positive thoughts but maybe a little more professionalism on the part of the ajc would be in order. Everybody there was old enough to be there. Are we shocked college students drink and that college guys like looking at naked women? Nope. So what’s left? That university employees were out with football players. Could be they were giving them a ride home because they were drunk. Would we rather they drive drunk? Nope. If they weren’t giving them a ride home and they were on a “date” why does an article need to be written about it? At worst some sort of school policy about fraternization was violated. Who cares? People in business and the military have such policies to deal with and violate them everyday.

In the end two people are dead but the ajc wants to do a TMZ style story about sex and drugs and alcohol. Maybe all that was going on. Are they all adults? Yes. And two of them are now dead. So why is there an article about it other than the ajc just enjoys thinking and talking about stuff like that?

For those outside of the Dawg nation it could be of more interest than the glazed over explanation. Like I said, could be something, could be nothing. If the university had formal or informal expectations of the girls involved, it could be a bigger story quickly. If toxicology comes back anything other than clean it gets to be even bigger yet. I’m not saying I want or would prefer any of that, just explaining it from a non-Georgia fan’s perspective. Also, I didn’t read the story, but I thought the video was fairly neutral. Did you feel it was inflammatory?

MudDucker

Staff member
That has been my thought since this “came out”. If everybody involved was old enough to be where they were then how is this news? Is the issue that two good looking white girls were out with some black dudes?

This wasn't recruiting. From what I hear, these two girls were called by the players to pick them up so that they wouldn't get in DUI trouble. The girls are caught exiting, but had only entered a few minutes before to find the players that wanted a ride. If you watch, they aren't acting like boyfriend girlfriend. They were in a hurry because Carter and his mother had called and were waiting at the waffle house for them.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
This wasn't recruiting. From what I hear, these two girls were called by the players to pick them up so that they wouldn't get in DUI trouble. The girls are caught exiting, but had only entered a few minutes before to find the players that wanted a ride. If you watch, they aren't acting like boyfriend girlfriend. They were in a hurry because Carter and his mother had called and were waiting at the waffle house for them.
The ajc is going to look awful when this is all said and done.

Last edited:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I mostly agree with your thoughts and with the changes suggested below would totally agree.

Is this a serious question? No, not "positive thoughts". But time for people to grieve without posting salacious stories which might lead people to false conclusions before all the facts are out would be nice.

buckpasser

What did the AJC print that was inflammatory or off base?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
They were old enough to do what they wanted.

That being said, having a girl drive you to a strip club is a dream come true.

If she sticks around after you get there she's a keeper. But I digress.