UGA is Linebacker Poor 2022

MCBUCK

After Quay Walker declared it left me with some concerns at LB. We are really skinny right now. This is it for returners. Somebody needs to really step up.

Chaz Chambliss RSSo has speed, size plus promise & high ceiling. High hope here after the UM hit.
Rian Davis RsSo ....how many snaps did he have this year?
Smael Mondon RsSo another potential. Maybe a bit more experience.
Jamon Dumas-Johnson SOph..maybe this is the guy to make the 2nd year leap

There are a couple of highly ranked LB's coming in that both appear to be SEC ready in 5*Jalon Walker and 4*CJ Washington, but man...the drop off is really scary.

TinKnocker

Sherman a RSSo? Out with ACL in 2021?

And Jamon looked good this year in clean up duty.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Not to mention that huge hole in our D line. A lot of young kids are going to have to grow up fast. Fast as in overnight.

FootLongDawg

After Quay Walker declared it left me with some concerns at LB. We are really skinny right now. This is it for returners. Somebody needs to really step up.

Chaz Chambliss RSSo has speed, size plus promise & high ceiling. High hope here after the UM hit.
Rian Davis RsSo ....how many snaps did he have this year?
Smael Mondon RsSo another potential. Maybe a bit more experience.
Jamon Dumas-Johnson SOph..maybe this is the guy to make the 2nd year leap

There are a couple of highly ranked LB's coming in that both appear to be SEC ready in 5*Jalon Walker and 4*CJ Washington, but man...the drop off is really scary.

You are right. We may have lost more players on one side of the ball before, but I can't remember when. Not just numbers, but quality numbers. And nobody is going to know this better than Dan Lanning right off the bat next year at Oregon.

GTMODawg

BANNED
Yep offense gonna have to score this go around.

No doubt but the offense scored plenty during the regular season. Probably won't have field position advantage next year due to fewer 3 and outs but hard to imagine the defense going from what, 10 points a game to more than 24 or so and the offense falling off from what, 35, to less than 28 or so. Regular season is very favorable outside of the opener and that one is easier on paper than the Clemson game was a year ago. I think we will be favored by a TD or more in every game and should win the SEC East....after that its going to be rough sledding, but thats the first goal.

MudDucker

Staff member
This year's defense was one for the record books. There is NO way next year's will be better, but there is also, no way that it won't be good with all the talent we got. The big issue, the secondary, sure looked like it grew up against Bammer, so hopefully, that won't be an issue next year.

DannyW

This year's defense was one for the record books. There is NO way next year's will be better, but there is also, no way that it won't be good with all the talent we got. The big issue, the secondary, sure looked like it grew up against Bammer, so hopefully, that won't be an issue next year.

Aside from the SEC Championship, UGA's defense was historically great last year. You UGA fans better prepare to see a regression next year, else you are in for sad times. It will be very difficult to come close to the dominance of the 2021 defense, even with all the 5-stars Smart has been stacking on the bench.

The 2021 defense was a rare mixture of talent, chemistry and coaching.

MCBUCK

Can not underestimate Kirby’s skills here and can not overstate the importance of having two VIPs on that side of the ball…
Muschamps mind and Tykee Smiths on field experience. This two will be important to what this defense will be.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
It will be very difficult to come close to the dominance of the 2021 defense, even with all the 5-stars Smart has been stacking on the bench.
People repeatedly said the same thing about Alabama during CKS's tenure there but year in and out they were at or near the top.

Next MAN up!!!!!!!

DSGB

Can not underestimate Kirby’s skills here and can not overstate the importance of having two VIPs on that side of the ball…
Muschamps mind and Tykee Smiths on field experience. This two will be important to what this defense will be.

Don't forget about Glenn Schumann.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Couple from the portal should fix a couple until Big Bear gets experience!
Why is it WELCOME to go to the portal for experienced D-Linemen TRANSFER when you have a stable full, just a quick glance at the roster shows me about 10 underclassmen on the D-Line, but it's MOST DEFINITELY NOT (according to you and some others at least) ok to go there for an experienced QB?

Yes I get that only one QB plays at a time as opposed to multiple D-Linemen, but here you advocate for sitting a young "stud" in favor of an experienced veteran.

Why the double standard?