Ugly Guns

Mattval

I hate to admit this but am I the only one that does not like certain guns because they are ugly?

Those Chiappa Revolvers?
any firearm trimmed out in "gold"
That savage axis

GeorgiaBob

Some guns are so ugly, you just can't help loving them.

Then there are those hammerless .38s with those stark, blocky grips that scream out "destroy me."

Mattval

Some guns are so ugly, you just can't help loving them.

Then there are those hammerless .38s with those stark, blocky grips that scream out "destroy me."
I know the ones!

bullgator

Yes, the Beretta striker fired handguns......what are they called...APX?

Nimrod71

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder. The differences is what makes the world go round. Just like size, some like'm small, others like'm big. I like Big myself. Nothing like cuddling up to a 44 or 500 even a 45-70.

nmurph

I'm going to flamed, but I've never thought 1911's were pretty. Functional...they have a following.

FlipKing

Ehh I love the looks of some guns but buy others for functions sake. I love a BAR....but bought an AR10 instead because it was more functional. I love a 1911 style pistol but I love big capacity more.

Mattval

I think any fire arm in desert brown or flat dark earth is ugly. I just have that in my holster

Mattval

Ugly is anything with a plastic stock.
I agree BUT I have gotten to where I do not take out my wood stocks anymore! I am afraid I will scratch them!

snooker1

I hate to admit this but am I the only one that does not like certain guns because they are ugly?

Those Chiappa Revolvers?
any firearm trimmed out in "gold"
That savage axis

100% with you on the Axis. I have a few Savage rifles but none of the axis, can't stand the grip.

Nimrod71

Nick, you can tell you and I are in later years, it takes wood to make a good looking weapon, be it rifle, shotgun, revolver, pistol, knife or bow. As for scratches, like you said they tell the tell. Each one is a mark of a hunt, something to remember. You should see my old 6 mm Rem. 700. I bought it new in 73 and it has been on hundreds of hunts and has several hundred thousand miles on it. Yes it is scared but to me it is the best looking rifle I have.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I agree BUT I have gotten to where I do not take out my wood stocks anymore! I am afraid I will scratch them!
I have absolutely no use at all for a gun that I'm afraid to use. I don't want it. I buy them to use. My guns are like me, covered with the marks of many years of adventures. It hasn't hurt either of us permanently, just gave us some character.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. I know it`s just a personal thing with each individual, but if a rifle doesn`t have some wood on it, to me it doesn`t have a soul.

But then, I`m not just old school, I`m Old Testament.
I agree. I really like my ARs, Glock pistols, and other plastic guns, but they are just soulless efficient, useful tools. I can't love and cherish them like I do my wooden-mounted ones.