(Un) Official Woody's Vaccine Side Effect Thread

jeg

Pfizer, 1st jab had sore arm for remainder of that day, 2nd jab absolutely nothing. Never felt sick, tired, "off", or anything else.

The team that reports directly to me at work was a mix of Pfizer and Moderna and differing results. Some had no issues but statistically I had twice as many call out after the first jab of Moderna compared to the Pfizer ones and about twice as many call out after the Pfizer second jab than the Moderna ones.

trents99

Pfizer, only the first dose.

After about 30 seconds a heavy metallic taste.
24hrs later severe canker sores on top and bottom of lips across the entire surface. Also had them at the top of my throat below my nasal cavity but not as bad. Skin on the left side of my neck (same side I got jabbed) turned splotchy around the artery.

Ended up eating/drinking through a straw for two days because of the pain. Talking was out of the question too.

Sores subsided after 3-4 days, skin is still splotchy over a month after the shot.

Dub

The shingles shot laid my wife out for three days.

It was wild, man.

I had part 1 of shingles vaccine with zero side effects.

Went back on the doctors appointment for checkup and the part 2 shingles vaccine. I asked if I could go ahead and get the flu shot while I was in there….get everything current on that visit.

Nurse asked if I was certain….doctor poked his head in and asked if I was certain.

I assured them that I was ready…let’s get it on. Heck the month before I’d had injections into each knee and right shoulder…deep down into the joints.

Certainly these flu & shingles needles would be nothing….nothing that compared to the joint stuff.

Next day was definitely spent trying to get warm and shake off the deep body aches and such. Passed quickly.

Worst part about it was having to call off from work.

Figured I would never hear the end of it.

Well….turns out that my boss had been through similar and understood. He was surprised I didn’t take longer. Missed my chance :rofl:

Thats alright….if it will help me sidestep shingles, then it was well worth it.

Same thoughts on Covid vaccine….can’t afford to get sick with Covid. Any possible side effects were worth it. Watched a coworker die from it. Not going out like that.

I am sure there are some who have legit medical reasons for not taking the vaccine…..I am grateful to not be one.

Last time I checked the local stats…..95%+ of the Covid patients in the hospital we’re unvaccinated.

Can only wonder how that is taking away rooms & staff that could otherwise be handling other types of patients…..

campboy

Update: My vaxxed niece, who is a nurse, has now tested positive. Her husband (unvaxxed,) got it from his dad (unvaxxed,) who was feeling sick for several days but didn't say anything to anybody and kept going to work and visiting people. Pretty much shut his company down.

I'm waiting to see if it hits her hard, or she has a mild case. So far, no real symptoms.

Hope all goes well for your niece

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Got my Phizer booster shot a couple of hours ago. Painless and no effects noted yet.

snookdoctor

My bro in law was double vaxed. I don't know if it was a side effect, but he caught the covid and died 2 weeks ago in the hospital after 20+ days on the ventilator.

35 Whelen

Pfizer
8/24/21 - Sore left arm for a day.
9/21/21 - Nothing.
Feel the same as ever since.

35 Whelen

My bro in law was double vaxed. I don't know if it was a side effect, but he caught the covid and died 2 weeks ago in the hospital after 20+ days on the ventilator.

So sorry to hear about your brother in law.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Got my Phizer booster shot a couple of hours ago. Painless and no effects noted yet.

11 hours since the Phizer booster shot. Still no symptoms or arm pain.

johnnyk2000

2nd Phizer yesterday at 830am. Hunted last evening no issues. Tired as all get out today and all i want to do is nap. Slight sore throat.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Moderna

Jabs in August

#1 just a sore arm for a couple of days
#2 sore arm and sick as a dog for 2 days, more sick than when I actually had Covid back in February. A month later shoulder pain with a knot that came up right where I got the jab.

All better now, physically. Mentally is always questionable.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Moderna

Jabs in August

#1 just a sore arm for a couple of days
#2 sore arm and sick as a dog for 2 days, more sick than when I actually had Covid back in February. A month later shoulder pain with a knot that came up right where I got the jab.

All better now, physically. Mentally is always questionable.
Only got the jab in support of my RN wife who was going to get fired after 33 years on the job if she didn't get it by Sept. 1st.

Good to see you back around.

j_seph

Okay, I officially know 2 people who got the vaccine and then week to 2 weeks later ended up having Covid. One of those their doctor told them he felt the shot gave him Covid except what I have been told is the shot does not have Covid in it

Gbr5pb

Anyone had the monderma booster! Thinking about getting since wife daughter and grandson all tested positive last weekend. All vaccinated except 5 month old grandson

oldfella1962

Now that I think about it the day after my second dose of Phizer I woke up with an I.Q. of 140, a vertical leap of 24 inches, thick luxurious hair, and the strength of a world champion power-lifter! :D In other words, everyone was normal.