Unexpected finds.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
If you like finding points that most of us call arrowheads. When ever, where ever you're outside, always be looking around. The white Kirk, found while I was out of the truck walking around searching for a better cell signal. Spotted the white and took a look.
The serrated Hernando, Noticed deer tracks crossing the dirt road in a clear cut. Got out to see where the tracks headed, to a swamp or to some pines. And there lay this Hernando laying like it was ready for take off.
You may spot some snakes too. That will always check to see how your jump is doing.

Attachments

• Kirk3 and grade.jpg
    Kirk3 and grade.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 17158983_10206654289555670_6903266701566902113_o.jpg
    17158983_10206654289555670_6903266701566902113_o.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 132

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
And then, You just might find 30 bucks you lost last week. I did miss my money, but had no idea where I lost it. Going to a deer stand, spotted it laying in the swamp dirty and wet.

Attachments

• lost money.jpg
    lost money.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 65

Sixes

I found this about 10-12 hears ago walking in to my stand. I saw about an inch of it sticking out of a embankment on our main road. I knew the material was odd and pulled it out of the bank. I didn't notice it drilled to begin with and thought it was a celt.

Still not sure exactly what it is other than a neat piece.

drilled celt.jpg

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I found this about 10-12 hears ago walking in to my stand. I saw about an inch of it sticking out of a embankment on our main road. I knew the material was odd and pulled it out of the bank. I didn't notice it drilled to begin with and thought it was a celt.

Still not sure exactly what it is other than a neat piece.

View attachment 1076710
Gorget, we find those in Ga. That's a good save. Here's one found in Early Co.

Attachments

• early co gorget.jpg
    early co gorget.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 20

Sixes

Gorget, we find those in Ga. That's a good save. Here's one found in Early Co.
Yea, I found one several years back out of an odd slate like material up here in Cherokee county, but that one in the pic is from Troup and feels more like a hardstone celt material

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
They used soapstone, greenstone, slate etc. Here's one of banded slate.

Attachments

• banded.jpg
    banded.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 14

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Many guessing about gorgets, but apparently, they wore em.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Interesting. Don’t understand the one with three holes though.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Interesting. Don’t understand the one with three holes though.
Have seen gorgets with more that three holes. Some say, the extra holes could be for tying on things. Salvaged broken gorgets sometimes have several holes, or evidence of where it broke across the hole or holes.