unexpected island

wvdawg

Staff member
Awesome capture! Stunning view.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Is that Lake Pac tola can't remember how to spell it or Sheridan near Rapid City SD?? It seems like I've seen that before but it's been yrs. @believer

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
It is Lake Pactola in SD
I forget exactly what but there are some underwater buildings there. Seems like there was a mining town or something. I've caught a lot of trout from that lake

believer

I forget exactly what but there are some underwater buildings there. Seems like there was a mining town or something. I've caught a lot of trout from that lake
very cool!! I had no idea about any of that. We were headed back to Kalispell to catch our flight home and ran up on it.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
@believer I guess I was wrong could have swore the local newspaper said buildings there

Pactola Lake is the largest reservoir in the Black Hills of South Dakota, United States; it was created by the construction of the Pactola Dam. It was started on 25 November 1952. Contrary to popular belief there is no town at the bottom of Pactola Lake. The Bureau of Reclamation clear cut and cleaned the lake bottom before it filled. The few buildings still there by the time the dam was finished on August 15, 1956 were moved or auctioned off. The only structure under the water is the old Civilian Conservation Corp camp dynamite bunker.