United Methodists repeal longstanding ban on LGBTQ clergy

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I suppose Chic-Fil-A is the only restaurant business in the US still following the Biblical commands of keeping the Sabbath Holy. 99% of all other businesses and church members seem to have leaned towards the other Biblical statement that having "an ox in the ditch" family support emergency allows ignoring the first one.
(Jesus speaking to the lawyers and Pharisees in Luke 14 defending the accused man of violating the Sabbath if I am not mistaken)
Sabbath in biblical times was sundown Friday to sundown Saturday.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
I think you have a correct point and a good one. I'm going to cloister myself and read the bible, study it, in order to someday understand your words. Perhaps, I will understand... See you back in two yrs... God willing. God bless and thank you.
With all due respect Gordon, I think this maybe this here would be a good place to start.
2 And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God...4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5 so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.

Your words are eloquent, so much so, they often cloak your meaning to the point of rendering your reply completely incomprehensible to me. Maybe just speak in common terms common people can understand. If no one benefits from your input what's the point of sharing it. Isn't that the entire point of communication? I think you have much to offer and I often do benefit from your input, but I'm also often left wondering what I missed.