Up the Creek 2/8/23

olcaptain

Good morning!
Pain medication can often make you think strange things but when I heard something stirring down at the dock yesterday morning, I thought it might be the last of the Mocreekens making off with one of my canoes! Upon closer evaluation, I determined that it was two elderly Lewis and Clark wannabees! That’s right folks. It seems that Jimmy Dowling and Frank Batt had chosen to once again, slink down to the dock, take one of my canoes, go up the creek, and check my cameras. I knew for a fact that it was them when they returned because they had taken a nice rod and reel with them, and Mr. Dowling shared that he had hooked a big one, but it had somehow gotten away
1f60a.png

You know friends don’t let friends go without pictures so I want to thank these two publicly for all they have done for me over these past two weeks. By the weekend and weather permitting I plan to be off the dock and back on board checking my own stuff and doing my own thing! In the meantime, here are a few creek photos for your consideration!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 00000024 (2).JPG
    00000024 (2).JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 00000030.JPG
    00000030.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 00000030a.jpg
    00000030a.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMAG0002.JPG
    IMAG0002.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMAG0002b.JPG
    IMAG0002b.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 68
  • IMAG0006.JPG
    IMAG0006.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1934.jpg
    IMG_1934.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 67

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Good morning!
Pain medication can often make you think strange things but when I heard something stirring down at the dock yesterday morning, I thought it might be the last of the Mocreekens making off with one of my canoes! Upon closer evaluation, I determined that it was two elderly Lewis and Clark wannabees! That’s right folks. It seems that Jimmy Dowling and Frank Batt had chosen to once again, slink down to the dock, take one of my canoes, go up the creek, and check my cameras. I knew for a fact that it was them when they returned because they had taken a nice rod and reel with them, and Mr. Dowling shared that he had hooked a big one, but it had somehow gotten away
1f60a.png

You know friends don’t let friends go without pictures so I want to thank these two publicly for all they have done for me over these past two weeks. By the weekend and weather permitting I plan to be off the dock and back on board checking my own stuff and doing my own thing! In the meantime, here are a few creek photos for your consideration!
You’ve got a matching pair of knees now

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I know those two gentlemen were glad to help you out but they had a blessing just paddling up the creek.