UPDATED!! Talking off warts

DDD

Winter Weatherman
Just wondering if anyone here knows someone that can talk off warts. I had it done when I was a teenager and my warts were so bad, I was willing to try anything. 6 weeks after I had them talked off they were gone.

The man that did it has passed away. Just wondering if someone knows someone that does it here in Georgia. My daughter has some real bad and the doc can't seem to make them go away.

Last edited:

georgia_home

Had one on my thumb once, between knuckle and mid joint. Used to trim with nail clippers. About 1/16" tall, and 1/8" across base.

Last time I saw the wart, it was in the grip of a set of pliers. Removed. Thumb bled for about an hour. But it never came back again. Don't know if this would work for everyone, but it worked once for me.

It was as big below the surface as it was above too boot.

Never heard of talking them off.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
my granny called it conjuring warts off. I remember going and seeing a woman when I was little, but I haven't heard of anyone doing that in years.

I know that having them frozen off hurts a lot more than that woman rubbing them and saying some words over them when I was little.

SuthernStix

My son had a few when he was about 10. We tried it all, wart remover, doc froze em etc. They always came back...Took him to my wife's great uncle. he had the gift they said....well he touched each one and mumbled a few words and after a couple weeks they all went away and never returned. I was amazed! He "talked" them off.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I remember back when I was about 12-14 years old and had a couple of warts on my hand and they itched like crazy and were very bothersome to me.

I talked to my Dad about it and one afternoon we were walking across the pasture and he picked a broom-sage straw and broke in into a short piece. He told me to look the other way and I could feel him rubbing this piece of "straw" on the area of the warts and I remember him saying something but I don't know what it was. Then he took the piece of straw and threw it over his left shoulder. We then kept on walking back to the house. A couple of months later, the warts disappeared and have never come back. My Dad died back in 1980 on his 68th birthday and I remember that he told me that one of his old relatives taught him how to do that BUT he never shared the true information with me unfortunately.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
It seems to me that I remember my Grandmother saying something about folks having the "gift" to heal folks from some ailments. It seems that "thrush" was one of the ailments, warts was another. Something about rubbing the warts with a dishrag and then hiding or storing the rag???

If memory serves it was a God given gift to a child who's father passed away before they were born.

Sargent

I've talked about this before... my great-grandmother was full Cherokee, and from a medicine family. She would "talk fire out of a burn".

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Just wondering if anyone here knows someone that can talk off warts. I had it done when I was a teenager and my warts were so bad, I was willing to try anything. 6 weeks after I had them talked off they were gone.

The man that did it has passed away. Just wondering if someone knows someone that does it here in Georgia. My daughter has some real bad and the doc can't seem to make them go away.

Actually, you can do it to your daughter. It is not a "gift" any single person has. The gift is in the mind of the person who believes it works.

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
I had an old woman rub mine off with a rock. We took a walk down her dirt road, we talked about the warts and how badly I wanted them gone. She had me pick up a rock paying close attention to where and how it was laying. She then rubbed the rock around the warts and across them and chanted something. Then she handed me the rock and told me to place it EXACTLY like I found it. 2 months later they were gone. She told me later that if someone picked up my rock they would then get my warts. LOL. So I don't pick up rocks anymore...

T-N-T

Has the Dr. "burned" or "cut" them out? With a hot wire kinda looking cutting tool? This works good, but leaves a little dot of a scar. Depends on location if this is a good route for you or not.

Scrapy

Banned
Actually, you can do it to your daughter. It is not a "gift" any single person has. The gift is in the mind of the person who believes it works.

Must be something to that. I had a wort on my finger when I was about seven. An eleven year old girl that lived two houses down told me to rub a kernel of corn on it and throw the kernel over my shoulder And forget about it for ten days. I did it to myself. How I "forgot" about it for ten days I'll never know. But sure enough, it was gone.

An old man that lived next door was the "seventh son of a seventh son". He would blow into a child's mouth and cure thrush. That old man's wife had a bunch of cans she grew herbs in. She would talk to those plants like they were talking back. I just thought she was off her rocker.

T-N-T

That old man's wife had a bunch of cans she grew herbs in. She would talk to those plants like they were talking back. I just thought she was off her rocker.

true dat.
But seems as I sit here thinking, that there are studies about plants growing better in "happy" environments.:confused:

GA DAWG

I know a guy that does it but I dont know if he'd talk em off anybody he dont know.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Must be something to that. I had a wort on my finger when I was about seven. An eleven year old girl that lived two houses down told me to rub a kernel of corn on it and throw the kernel over my shoulder And forget about it for ten days. I did it to myself. How I "forgot" about it for ten days I'll never know. But sure enough, it was gone.

An old man that lived next door was the "seventh son of a seventh son". He would blow into a child's mouth and cure thrush. That old man's wife had a bunch of cans she grew herbs in. She would talk to those plants like they were talking back. I just thought she was off her rocker.
Ironically, the psychological treatmet of warts in one of the most effective treatments. You can will them away yourself.

wolfheartak

My daughter has some real bad and the doc can't seem to make them go away.

Warts in children typically go away within a year, warts in adults are less likely to resolve on their own. If it doesn't bother her, let it alone (although you went to the Doc, so it's probably bothersome)

If I make the assumption you went to a family practice or general pediatrician, they probably tried to freeze it off--this does usually take a few times. There are several other treatments used by a dermatologist if they are tough to treat or have been there for a long time.

If that's not an option, the duct tape method does have research behind it, and works better than a placebo.

Please do not do bathroom surgery and cut them out yourself--always a chance of infection and if that get's bad, you have a whole other can of worms.

Scrapy

Banned
When I was young I worked for a veterinarian and we all treated 4,992 cattle in 9 days. Many of the heifers and young steers had warts. He had some kind of stuff we would pour down their backs that cleared it up. I don't know what it was. Probably not legal for children but it worked on cattle.

grouper throat

When my wife was a child she had an old man at the stock yard "buy" the warts off her leg from her for a nickel. He did the same thing of rubbing them and saying something that y'all mention. In several weeks they were gone.

DDD

Winter Weatherman
UPDATE:

So when I typed this, my daughter's warts on her foot and on her hands was pretty bad. One of our faithful posters on here gave me the name of a man who talked them off.

In the mean time I had been reading my Bible and read about the Faith of a child. My daughter and I talked about it and we both decided that we would start praying for her warts and BELIEVING that the good Lord would take them away.

Friday afternoon I walked in the house and my daughter came running to door and said, "Daddy, you have to see this!!!" She sat down at the kitchen table and threw her foot in my face.

Gone. All of them.

She had a cluster and when I say cluster, I mean a CLUSTER of about 20 warts between her big toe and 2nd toe. After that we had counted 17 that were scattered out from there on the bottom of her foot. She also had 5 on one hand 2 on the other.

They are gone. The skin where the cluster was looks pink in nature, but its skin. We can't find a trace of any of the other warts. Miracle? Coincidence? Just happened?

She has been dealing with these warts for years. I am here to tell you, I believe in the Faith of child. We should all have more Faith.