* Updated with Pictures Post 220 * 45 Day 'Round the US Camping Trip w/ Grands

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
That stinks! Hopefully he’ll get to see them one day.
You’d think they’d want him to take that trip. It’s a trip of a lifetime.

yep. Mom was all for it, so Sperm Donor said 'I know it is the trip of a lifetime, I can't stand to be away from him that long'

He only gets him every other weekend, so he wouldn't have had him for 2 weekends.

Yeah... I'd like to..... well.... Let's just say he wouldn't be fathering any more children.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I am in the process of tallying up all the costs for this trip, so that you can get a good idea of what we had to pay. It will take a few days to wade through all the receipts, and I am waiting on my credit card statements to come in so that I am sure I didn't miss any charges.

It looks like we did fairly well on fuel costs. I estimated 7000 miles @ 12 mph and budgeted $2000.00 The price of gasoline dropped, and we averaged around $2.10 a gallon. The truck, over 7743 miles averaged 11.4 mpg, so I expect our receipts to be somewhere around $1500.00 for fuel

bany

Been patiently waiting. What a great trip! Thanks for sharing! Shame about the sperm donor situation, feel bad for the lad.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
We haven't gotten around to totaling up the expenses for the trip because of a death in the family.

I will get it done soon, and post it up for you.

Anyone planning on a expedition in the future? I would love to see you plans

Duff

Unreal trip Pappy!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Pappy from reading these posts and the pm comments I will say it looks like those kids had an equally grand time no matter where y’all were. They seemed as happy in Tennessee as in the Rockies. It’s obvious that they love y’all and y’all love them.
You and the Mrs are to be commended for sharing this special time with them.

wvdawg

Staff member
Lifetime memories for sure! Thanks so much for sharing!

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Pappy from reading these posts and the pm comments I will say it looks like those kids had an equally grand time no matter where y’all were. They seemed as happy in Tennessee as in the Rockies. It’s obvious that they love y’all and y’all love them.
You and the Mrs are to be commended for sharing this special time with them.

I wouldn't have missed this for the world. My grandson and I got to play a little chess, and now he is interested in that, along with his sister. My grand daughter loves animals of all types, and she was thrilled to get to go riding horseback. My wife really like Zion when we went out there for a short trip in December of 2018. She was looking forward to visiting there again, and really enjoyed that part of the trip.

Overall, I would rate this trip 4 out of 5 stars only because of some of the stuff we really wanted to do, but couldn't because of the Covid restrictions in some states.

rip18

What an awesome trip! Thanks for taking the time to recap it with us! I know those younguns had a blast! They'll remember that trip forever!

Da Possum

Campfire Helper
Wow! Looks like ya'll had a blast! Thanks for taking the time to post all of the pictures!!

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Wow! Looks like ya'll had a blast! Thanks for taking the time to post all of the pictures!!

I enjoy going back and looking at the pictures and remembering the trip. All to quickly, it will only be a memory, but at least I can see the pictures and smile.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I enjoy going back and looking at the pictures and remembering the trip. All to quickly, it will only be a memory, but at least I can see the pictures and smile.
Be sure to save a copy of those picture files in a safe or similar secure location. They are priceless.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Be sure to save a copy of those picture files in a safe or similar secure location. They are priceless.

I have them on a file server at work, on my laptop, and on an SD card. Plus we made prints of most of the ones I have posted up here. I think one of the best things I did was to buy both the kids a digital camera for Christmas. They were able to make their own pictures of what they liked, plus it kept them searching for new things to photograph. That reminds me... I need to make backups of all their pictures too.

HughW2

Thanks for sharing this incredible journey with us! You really did it well. All the must sees in our great west and a lot of bonus sites. Your grandkids are very lucky. What an adventure and education!