Upson County 2019-2020 Season

Jedwards

How is it going in Upson so far?
Nothing happening on our place yet. Good luck to everyone this season and be safe.

Jedwards

Deer were moving on our place this weekend nothing killed but lots of deer seen. One of our guys saw a small 6pt running a doe around his food plot on Sunday morning.

Deer were moving on our place this weekend nothing killed but lots of deer seen. One of our guys saw a small 6pt running a doe around his food plot on Sunday morning.
Where in Upson County are you hunting I'm near log Town Road and pleasant Church Road we had a pretty nice nine-point killed this weekend

Jedwards

Where in Upson County are you hunting I'm near log Town Road and pleasant Church Road we had a pretty nice nine-point killed this weekend

We are not to far from where you said you hunt. We are a little ways below Log town on HWY 19. We all saw deer this past weekend nothing chasing and nothing killed.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
I saw a 6 with his nose to the ground on a mission Sunday at 12:15. Also saw a spike running a doe around camp. The young bucks are starting to chase so the next couple weeks should be good. This is 5 miles south of Yatesville off Pleasant Grove.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Still pretty slow down around the covered bridge.
Haven't seen any chasing yet but a few scrape lines and rub lines are starting to open up...

crbrumbelow

Hunted near the rock last weekend and this weekend. Nice 9 killed last weekend. Saw a real nice 10 last this morning. Lots of deer seen but no chasing or cruising. Just feeding through.

1eyefishing

Seeing small bucks following, no chasing just yet. Lots of scrapes opening up…

It's time...

Jedwards

I'm heading to Upson this weekend also. Me and several of our guys hunted all week last week we had 4 bucks and a doe killed a 7pt 9pt 10pt and a 11pt two of those bucks were bumping does but not full on chasing. The 11pt was the only one that's hocks were stained really bad. All I saw all week was spikes and does. Hopefully this weekend it will be on.

I'm heading to Upson this weekend also. Me and several of our guys hunted all week last week we had 4 bucks and a doe killed a 7pt 9pt 10pt and a 11pt two of those bucks were bumping does but not full on chasing. The 11pt was the only one that's hocks were stained really bad. All I saw all week was spikes and does. Hopefully this weekend it will be on.
Thanks for the info. I hope so too! First opportunity for me this year. My son is in Navy and coming home from Washington State for a couple days and sure would be nice for him to have a great weekend of chasing...

QUAD500

Anything happening in Upson yet? Seems too hot and too dry. They are usually rutting 2nd and 3rd week end in NOV.

1eyefishing

They're not running around trying to get shot yet.
A little bit of sparring and harrassing by the young ones.
I've hunted in this county every year since 1985 and my best kill dates are usually between the ninth and the 13th.
Past couple years it has stretched out good till around thanksgiving.

1eyefishing

Forgot to say that they are scraping hard everywhere right now!

Thankful for this nice 8pt last Friday evening. He was on the trail of a doe with his nose to the ground. She had fed through a few minutes earlier. His glands were stained, and he was pretty ripe smelling :) Still raining white oak acorns where I am at. And YES, Scrapes everywhere.

Attachments

• Upson 11 3.jpg
    Upson 11 3.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Upson 11 3 2.jpg
    Upson 11 3 2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 3