US Navy

fishfryer

Who cares what a green slime,jarhead,member of Uncle Sam,s misguided children thinks?

Who cares what a green slime,jarhead,member of Uncle Sam,s misguided children thinks?
Pretty much everybody down through history since the meeting in 1775 at Tun Tavern that didn't care is dead now so there's that to consider.:bounce:

fishfryer

How did the Corps get to all those battles? And wasn't the Navy Department their boss? Admiral Fletcher left you boys hanging in the wind on Guadalcanal I've heard,that doesn't seem like ya'll had too much influence.

How did the Corps get to all those battles? And wasn't the Navy Department their boss? Admiral Fletcher left you boys hanging in the wind on Guadalcanal I've heard,that doesn't seem like ya'll had too much influence.
So the squids are heroes because they gave the Marines a ride?

Role of the Navy in combat assault operations - Drop the Marines off at the beach, anchor offshore, assume a strong defensive position, make coffee.

fishfryer

So the squids are heroes because they gave the Marines a ride?

Role of the Navy in combat assault operations - Drop the Marines off at the beach, anchor offshore, assume a strong defensive position, make coffee.
And talk about how nice it is with all the grunts gone.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
The reason the Air Force, Army, Navy, and Marines bicker among themselves is because they don't speak the same language. For instance, here's what happens after they secure a building.

The Army will post guards around the building.
The Navy will turn out the lights and lock all the doors.
The Marines will kill everybody inside and then set up headquarters.
The Air Force will take out a five-year lease with an option to buy at the end.

Cmp1

Swamp Yankee
The reason the Air Force, Army, Navy, and Marines bicker among themselves is because they don't speak the same language. For instance, here's what happens after they secure a building.

😂 😂 😂 😂

:bounce: :bounce:

Too funny, glad I am not a submariner. Reminds me of the everyday banter back of forth with my Marine counterpart that sits less than 8ft away in our office. I continually have to remind him that like it or not he is still part of the Department of the Navy and as an OCS graduate I was Marine Corps trained. He laughs but I am pretty sure he dies a little inside every time. Funny enough they put the Navy and Marines together on one side of the office and the Army and Air Force on the other side. I guess they thought the Army and the Navy had to watch out for our little brothers. Lol. FIRE FOR EFFECT.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
Too funny, glad I am not a submariner. Reminds me of the everyday banter back of forth with my Marine counterpart that sits less than 8ft away in our office. I continually have to remind him that like it or not he is still part of the Department of the Navy and as an OCS graduate I was Marine Corps trained. He laughs but I am pretty sure he dies a little inside every time. Funny enough they put the Navy and Marines together on one side of the office and the Army and Air Force on the other side. I guess they thought the Army and the Navy had to watch out for our little brothers. Lol. FIRE FOR EFFECT.
This reminds of my entry into the military, being old it was when the draft was still on. We're standing in the hallway of the processing center all four services represented. Suddenly a guy yells, "First and last man in the Navy group raise your hands." These guys are all slated to head to Great Lakes for boot camp. There's some muttering and hands go up. The guy goes to the last Navy guy and directs a short count off. He suddenly announces, "You gentlemen are being redirected to the Marines, you orders will be amended to reflect your report details." Holy Cow, the look on their faces!

I'm thinking swear me in quick because I'm headed to San Antonio.

drhunter1

Scouts look down their nose at everyone.

fishfryer

I'm now wondering what the pecking order will be with the Space Force or whatever it is they call it. Where will the bootcamp be? Will recruits peel taters or,open MRES,or use squeeze packets so the food doesn't float away in zero gravity? Request permission to beam aboard Sir.

Cmp1

Swamp Yankee
This reminds of my entry into the military, being old it was when the draft was still on. We're standing in the hallway of the processing center all four services represented. Suddenly a guy yells, "First and last man in the Navy group raise your hands." These guys are all slated to head to Great Lakes for boot camp. There's some muttering and hands go up. The guy goes to the last Navy guy and directs a short count off. He suddenly announces, "You gentlemen are being redirected to the Marines, you orders will be amended to reflect your report details." Holy Cow, the look on their faces!

I'm thinking swear me in quick because I'm headed to San Antonio.
Gotta love San Antonio,,,,