US Navy

So the squids are heroes because they gave the Marines a ride?

Role of the Navy in combat assault operations - Drop the Marines off at the beach, anchor offshore, assume a strong defensive position, make coffee.
Don't tell that to my devil doc corpsman son who goes out there and fights with and babysits his jarheads and drags out the ones with holes in them and fixes the holes.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
Don't tell that to my devil doc corpsman son who goes out there and fights with and babysits his jarheads and drags out the ones with holes in them and fixes the holes.
Tell him thanks! He'll have a good job waiting on him when he finally gets out.

fishfryer

I've never really been able to understand why the Navy Corpmen have to fix Marines booboos. I think I've narrowed it down to two possibilities, those terrible devil dog, insanely ferocious, man killer Marines, can't be gentled enough to render aid with some small portion of kindness to a wounded man. The other possibility sadly is the lack of gray matter to pass the training at Great Lakes Naval Hospital Corpsman school.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
Wife's grandfather was a Tarawa and Iwo Jima kind of Marine. Her Dad was Navy. My grandfather was Navy UDT cleared the obstructions for many of those Pacific landings. Baby brother retired Navy. Middle brother a few years Army. Couple uncles retired Army armored types. My nephew is a Chief on a submarine at Kings Bay now. Retired Air Force here. We're a very contorted family. :bounce:

fishfryer

Lol. It has zero to do with brain functions. Just like not every single person to claim to be a Marine is some “scout sniper” or war hero, I met my fair share of pathetic and worthless Navy Corpsmen. Take this guy for example: https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktla.c...-for-abusing-neighbors-dogs-in-oceanside/amp/
This guy was my units corpsman for one of our deployments. Piece of human filth. Also, the Marine Corps prefers everyone to be prepared to fight. Everyone a rifleman. We take many combat lifesaver courses, battlefield lifesaver courses, and generally assign someone to help the corpsman out. I’ve never claimed to be the smartest feller in the world, but I survived 3 combat deployments, 2004 in Fallujah, 2006 in Ramadi, and back outside Fallujah in 2008. Only once did I go over there and do my intended MOS of Field Artillery, that was in 2004, the other 2 deployments we were a provisional infantry unit, and then switched over to shooting rockets when the Corps picked up the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System. So while yes some probably don’t gave the grey matter it takes to cut it, 100% guarantee some of those Corpsman don’t have the discipline to deploy multiple times and fight in a variety of phases.
This if I'm not mistaken started out as banter between services,there are no hard and fast rules on anything. People are people and have their abilities and faults. You see all types in the service. I've never seen a group of men that were all alike,gifts of intelligence are not limited to any one group. Part of having served some time in service is spent in good humored joking between services. The person you describe is indeed human filth,there are more examples out there sadly. The insult swapping between Marines and Sailors has been a game at least as long as I can remember.

This if I'm not mistaken started out as banter between services,there are no hard and fast rules on anything. People are people and have their abilities and faults. You see all types in the service. I've never seen a group of men that were all alike,gifts of intelligence are not limited to any one group. Part of having served some time in service is spent in good humored joking between services. The person you describe is indeed human filth,there are more examples out there sadly. The insult swapping between Marines and Sailors has been a game at least as long as I can remember.
You are right. I know it’s just banter back and forth. I wasn’t trying to deflect any of that, or take away from it. I guess it’s hard for me play along having personally lost friends who were some of the best human beings I’ve ever known. My bad if it came off that way, I shouldn’t have even commented on this looking back. Sorry bout that.

Wife's grandfather was a Tarawa and Iwo Jima kind of Marine. Her Dad was Navy. My grandfather was Navy UDT cleared the obstructions for many of those Pacific landings. Baby brother retired Navy. Middle brother a few years Army. Couple uncles retired Army armored types. My nephew is a Chief on a submarine at Kings Bay now. Retired Air Force here. We're a very contorted family. :bounce:

Awesome! Some of your family functions look like this? :rofl: LQEB6XL.jpg

Cmp1

Swamp Yankee
I went to join the Navy,passed everything,except they wouldn't let me in cause I had a few warts on my Rt hand,they said get them removed and I'm in,,,,well it took 6 weeks to have them removed,,,,no lasers back then,,,,in the meantime I got a promotion,,,,never went back,5 yrs later went in the AF,,,,