US Navy

I remember that attack. My brother in law is a Gunnery Sergeant and artillery mech. He had been to the Chattanooga Battery a few times. I went to the Battery's in Huntsville a couple times TDY when I was learning about HIMARS before the active duty units got some.
My son wanted a transfer to that HIMARS battery but they were full up so he just got real good at shooting the trip 7. In typical Marine Corps fashion the GPS targeting units on the guns didn't work so they had to do it the old fashioned way.:bounce:

Dutch

All in fun brother! Deepest respect for those I worked with over the years!
:cheers:

I know.

Learned to poke fun at my MOS along with other MOS and branches.

flynlow

Student at the Hard Knock School of Aerodynamics
I was 5th Battalion 11th Marines 2003-2008. Then I went to the Cannoneer Schoolhouse there on Ft. Sill and was an instructor 2008-2010. Taught the M198, M777, and HIMARS. I had gotten injured my 3rd deployment, so the orders to Ft. Sill afforded me the opportunity to have 2 surgeries and instruct my MOS until I was medically discharged. I sure wish I could have stayed in, but I was so glad the monitor knew me personally. Initially after I got hurt in Iraq, they were going to just heal me up enough to discharge, then send me to VA. Thankfully they did not, because my 2 years teaching artillery opened my eyes to so much.
Chris, I knew you were a stand up guy when we met at the gun show, but I had no idea you already did 3 combat tours for someone so young. I commend you and your family, and thank you for your service for not only being a fine soldier, father, and husband...but a fine human being to all mankind and it's an honor to know you. Thank you again for showing how to set the example for others to follow. Jeff

Chris, I knew you were a stand up guy when we met at the gun show, but I had no idea you already did 3 combat tours for someone so young. I commend you and your family, and thank you for your service for not only being a fine soldier, father, and husband...but a fine human being to all mankind and it's an honor to know you. Thank you again for showing how to set the example for others to follow. Jeff
Thank you Jeff! It was a privilege to meet you.

If you pack 500 male sailors into a submarine and send it to the bottom for a month when it surfaces what do you get?

250 couples of course! Semper Fi Squids!
I have a friend who was a nuclear engineer on a Navy submarine. He said he had been around the world 6 times on tours of duty. Ask him what he saw. He laughed and said “Kings Bay”. I said “What?”. He said it was the last thing he saw before they dived and the first thing he saw when they surfaced 6 months later.:rofl:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
I have a friend who was a nuclear engineer on a Navy submarine. He said he had been around the world 6 times on tours of duty. Ask him what he saw. He laughed and said “Kings Bay”. I said “What?”. He said it was the last thing he saw before they dived and the first thing he saw when they surfaced 6 months later.:rofl:
There’s truth in that. My nephew is his 17th year, been stationed in three different states and never mentioned visiting a foreign port.

BBQnHunt

Truth! My cousin and I joined the Navy at the same time, He went nuke (subs) and I went aviation. I saw more of the world in one 6 month cruise than he saw in his first 6 years of service
:flag:

fishfryer

The scary part of this: You could submerge,fire your missles,surface to a destroyed world,and never see anything again. I always enjoyed the liberty ports myself.
Truth! My cousin and I joined the Navy at the same time, He went nuke (subs) and I went aviation. I saw more of the world in one 6 month cruise than he saw in his first 6 years of service
:flag:

Don't tell that to my devil doc corpsman son who goes out there and fights with and babysits his jarheads and drags out the ones with holes in them and fixes the holes.
My experience as a hospital corpsman with marines was one of mutual respect. Yea we joked about dating each other's sisters, but we all knew we could count on each other. My time with the FMF (Fleet Marine Force) gave me a respect for the Corp that only someone who has served can understand. I am alive today because of US Marines. In peace time FMF is great duty for a corpsman.

Last edited:

Dutch

Dont talk smack about "Doc"
love.jpg