US Officials: Not Enough Troops To Fix Iraq

dixie

Linwood said:
I don't know. I do konw that this administration has shown that it will not hesitate to punish those who question policy. There is no reason to doubt that a climate of fear exists in the military and among civilian government employees. All Bush has is fear itself.
Lin, thats without a doubt one of the dumbest things you've said since you been here!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 26-27 years of talks, lies from hezbo, iran, iraq, the un and at last a man who does what he says he's going to do and does it! W's done more to bring peace to that area than all the past Presidents combined. it just kills the demorats W's letting the military do what needs to be done without the liberal politicians turning it into a mess.

Dana Young

Linwood
Why won't you answer have you ever been in the service or not if you haven't then you aren't qualified to discuss military matters. It irkes me that people that have never stood up for their country always wants to down rate the military. Like Meryl Haggard said you are walking on the fighting side of me when you do that.

dixie

Dana Young said:
Linwood
Why won't you answer have you ever been in the service or not if you haven't then you aren't qualified to discuss military matters. It irkes me that people that have never stood up for their country always wants to down rate the military. Like Meryl Haggard said you are walking on the fighting side of me when you do that.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Dana, Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer from lin, he's a expert at cutnrun!!!

SBG

Linwood said:
Bush has said repeatedly the reason there aren't more troops in Iraq is that the commanders haven't asked for them. This article is not about not getting what you ask for, it's about being afraid to ask for what you need.
Linny, the military is not the euphoric world of endless entitlements that you envison for civilians.

Its a man thing...unfortunately, you wouldn't understand.

Thread starter #25
Dana Young said:
Linwood
No, I haven't. And where have I said anything to "down rate" the military? By your standard, Cheney, Rove, and most of the architects of this war are not qulified to even discuss military matters. Hmmm... Maybe you're on to something.

Linwood said:
No, I haven't. And where have I said anything to "down rate" the military? By your standard, Cheney, Rove, and most of the architects of this war are not qulified to even discuss military matters. Hmmm... Maybe you're on to something.
I guess Cheney never really was the Secretary of Defense after all, so you're probably right Linwood, he's not really qualified to talk about military matters at all.

If you weren't so sad, you'd be laughable.

NC Hunter

Linwood said:
I don't know. I do konw that this administration has shown that it will not hesitate to punish those who question policy. There is no reason to doubt that a climate of fear exists in the military and among civilian government employees. All Bush has is fear itself.
Well, if everyone in the Military is so afraid of Bush and his policy then why is re-enlistment up? And don't tell me it's because of the bonus money. Because if someone hated the way they were being treated, they would get out as soon as possible despite the money.

Flash

Flash said:
Who has been punished?
Climate of fear?? Are you or have you been in the service?

I served under both Bush's and Clinton and don't recall "fear" no matter if we agreed or disagreed with policy.
What about the first question?

Dana Young

Linwood,
My point is if you won't stand up for your country you have no business putting it or it's leaders down. But wait a minute Thats why my grandfathers and my father and myself and my son have put our life on the line so you have the freedom to say what you please even if you did nothing to earn that right. see thats what makes me mad you want to talk the talk but you don't want to walk the walk. Please think about that for awhile before you bash this country or it's leaders any more. you can talk politics all you want but if you are not or have not been an american soldier you have no business judging war or our reasons for being there. I am sure I speak for alot of these american heros that are on this forum of which you are not one. Now that being said I am sure you are a very nice man and we would probably get along just fine if you would lay off your lies about our military being scared to ask for what they neeed to do their job. I can guarantee these men leading our troops didn't get where they are by being scared.

Thread starter #30
Flash, there have been numerous people who were smeared or punished, including Shinseki, R. Clarke, Paul O'Neil, The NYT, Joe Wilson, Valerie Plame, and on and on.

elfiii, I never said Cheney was unqualified. I said that by Dana's standard he is unqualified. The fact that I disagree with Dana's standard zoomed right over your head, didn't it?

Dana, if you equate questioning policy with bashing our country, well, there really isn't much for us to discuss. Thank you and your family members for your service.

I didn't tell any lies, I posted an article. There's a difference, but everyone here wants to turn every thread in which I am involved into something personal about me, so join the club. If you don't like the message, shoot the messenger. But it won't change the facts.

dixie

I didn't tell any lies, I posted an article. There's a difference, but everyone here wants to turn every thread in which I am involved into something personal about me, so join the club. If you don't like the message, shoot the messenger. But it won't change the facts.
And herein lies the problem lin, the sites you cutnpaste from HAVE changed, twisted and deleted the facts, and turned it into the facts you believe in, as I said to you before, the truth will always rise to the top

Thread starter #32
We do live in interesting times.

NC Hunter

Dana Young said:
Linwood,
My point is if you won't stand up for your country you have no business putting it or it's leaders down. But wait a minute Thats why my grandfathers and my father and myself and my son have put our life on the line so you have the freedom to say what you please even if you did nothing to earn that right. see thats what makes me mad you want to talk the talk but you don't want to walk the walk. Please think about that for awhile before you bash this country or it's leaders any more. you can talk politics all you want but if you are not or have not been an american soldier you have no business judging war or our reasons for being there. I am sure I speak for alot of these american heros that are on this forum of which you are not one. Now that being said I am sure you are a very nice man and we would probably get along just fine if you would lay off your lies about our military being scared to ask for what they neeed to do their job. I can guarantee these men leading our troops didn't get where they are by being scared.
Dana,

Thank you, your family, and your son for the service you have given to our country. I’ve been thinking about this since I read your post and I know what I’m going to say may not be the most popular thing to say in this thread, but I’ve thought long and hard about it and I need to say this. Please accept this in the spirit it is intended.

In your post you said, “If you won’t stand up for your country you have no business putting it or it’s leaders down.” While I agree with the emotion you must be feeling, having served your county well while risking your life daily, I really disagree with the statement. There are a number of reasons for a person not serving in the military. Reasons could be physical, psychological, emotional, and just plain cowardice, but whatever the reason we are still Americans. As Americans we have the right to say what we like about the administration and how our military is used. We owe a great deal to those brave men and women whom have both paid the ultimate sacrifice and to those who have sacrificed in other ways to guarantee that right to all Americans.

I applaud your righteous indignation that people would criticize that which you hold so dear. I would also suggest to you that there are many other Americans who have served our county well that are not doing so in the military. Those might be teachers, firefighters, law enforcement personnel, farmers, doctors, and many others who are too numerous to mention.

Please don’t get me wrong. I’m VERY thankful that brave men and women like you are willing to stand in the gap for me and my family everyday. You make it possible for me to walk on the streets with my family, go to my church without fear of harassment, read the books I want to read, and watch the television shows I want to watch. Those and a million other freedoms I enjoy, I owe to people just like you. Thank you.

I get terribly mad when I hear people throw insults at our military men and women. I get mad when all someone does is to put down this or any other administration. I get mad when I see someone burning the flag. I get mad when I see immigrants demonstrating in our streets while waving flags of a foreign country. I get mad whenever I see people here in the USA with an ungrateful attitude, but I would respectfully submit to you that it is our right to do so, albeit paid for with sacrifices made through the years by a small but brave group of men and women like yourself.

Again I want to say to you and to all the other “Heroes” on this site, “Thank you for your service.”

Linwood said:
elfiii, I never said Cheney was unqualified. I said that by Dana's standard he is unqualified. The fact that I disagree with Dana's standard zoomed right over your head, didn't it?
No it didn't zoom over my head, you left out the last part of your post, you know the "tongue in cheek part". You have complained of the same about Cheney and Rove in other posts so my rejoinder still stands.

Thread starter #35
Of course the fact that Cheney was Secretary of Defense doesn't mean he was a good one, does it? See Rumsfeld, Donald.

Flash

Linwood said:
Flash, there have been numerous people who were smeared or punished, including Shinseki, R. Clarke, Paul O'Neil, The NYT, Joe Wilson, Valerie Plame, and on and on.
What branch of service were these folks in? A couple I haven't heard of. O'Neil played for the Yankees didn't he??

SBG

Flash said:
What branch of service were these folks in? A couple I haven't heard of. O'Neil played for the Yankees didn't he??
Yep. O'Neil played for the yankees. When Bush owned the Rangers and the yankees were in town, Bush got mad because O'Neil hit a homerun against his team. Bush was so furious, he had one of the Ranger's batboys kick O'Neil in the shins.

dixie

you wanna talk smear lin, six grand juries before one would indict Delay on a PHONY charge, Karl Rove dragged in the mud, the US Marine Corps "tried" on the floor of the senate by murtna, Bush lied about WMD's but to date over 500 that we know of, found. Scooter Libby,, now there's a case for you, the demorats are wanting that one just to "go away" lies, half truths and mud. joe wilson needs to serve time over what he's done and his wife with him

Thread starter #39
dixie said:
you wanna talk smear lin, six grand juries before one would indict Delay on a PHONY charge, Karl Rove dragged in the mud, the US Marine Corps "tried" on the floor of the senate by murtna, Bush lied about WMD's but to date over 500 that we know of, found. Scooter Libby,, now there's a case for you, the demorats are wanting that one just to "go away" lies, half truths and mud. joe wilson needs to serve time over what he's done and his wife with him
None of which has anything to do with the matter at hand, Straw Man.