Useles Billy done run up #1243 mountains for bear season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple C

Good story. I bet you got to hear a lot of first-hand details that most never will.

Welcome to Billy's, btw. Think you have dropped in a few times before.
Thx JB! Figured I would retire before I jumped into the Billy section. Otherwise...I'd be spending way too much time in here. I'm close.

As for the stories about Dad's service...oddly, he never, ever talked about until a year or so before he died when his faculties begin to slip and then he would begin to recall the campaigns thru Iwo Jima, the Marshall Islands and may others. Shame on me for not having a recorder when he would begin to talk. He suffered from nightmares for many years that I never knew about until mother told me after he died.

He was in one of the engineer divisions. Soon as the Marines cleared a beach head his division would go in to begin constructing landing strips. I know nothing about his service. All his records and medals burned in a house fire before I was born.

He enlisted a few months before the Japs attacked Pearl Harbor. Thus the reason he was stationed at Schofield. Came home after the Big Bomb was dropped. His BIL - my mother's brother, was on the Arizona when it was sunk. Still in that hull I guess.

As for the Billy threads...soon as I can grasp the lingo and have more time I'll prolly jump in here with you Billy's.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Morning Billy's. Wife's car washed, spent the rent money at da grocery store, split up some wood for tonight and tomorrow. Cut up some chicken to make buffalo taco's and now ready for a reeb or a nap. Thinkin it's reeb time. Woe out.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Gotta go to New Yawk on Mundy and back Tuesday night. Might be an interesting trip depending on ifin they perp walk Kang Trump around in cuffs.

ClemsonRangers

Thx JB! Figured I would retire before I jumped into the Billy section. Otherwise...I'd be spending way too much time in here. I'm close.

As for the stories about Dad's service...oddly, he never, ever talked about until a year or so before he died when his faculties begin to slip and then he would begin to recall the campaigns thru Iwo Jima, the Marshall Islands and may others. Shame on me for not having a recorder when he would begin to talk. He suffered from nightmares for many years that I never knew about until mother told me after he died.

He was in one of the engineer divisions. Soon as the Marines cleared a beach head his division would go in to begin constructing landing strips. I know nothing about his service. All his records and medals burned in a house fire before I was born.

He enlisted a few months before the Japs attacked Pearl Harbor. Thus the reason he was stationed at Schofield. Came home after the Big Bomb was dropped. His BIL - my mother's brother, was on the Arizona when it was sunk. Still in that hull I guess.

As for the Billy threads...soon as I can grasp the lingo and have more time I'll prolly jump in here with you Billy's.
you can get his records

my dad lost his medals and i was able to get him replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.