Using a release with Trad bow

donj

I have been shooting my trad bow lately wanting to go back to it. I am just curious if any of you guys have tried shooting a trad bow with a release??

Keith Karr

I’ve been using a release since 2007 because of arthritis and bone spurs in my hand and fingers.

I shoot with a magnetic flipper/plunger rest and get good accuracy and arrow flight.

I’ve killed two elk and a few whitetails using a release. You can’t snap shoot. Need to be slow/deliberate and pull through the shot not punching the trigger.

If you or anyone else needs help or advice send me a pm and I’ll give you my number. Be glad to help !

DoubleRR

As soon as I saw the Title of this Thread I thought of Keith... he is not **'ing you ... he is the real deal with using a release while hunting with a Trad Bow... that might Ruffle some Feathers here and on the Almighty TradGang.com ...but the Results are in the Freezer!

Hillbilly stalker

I’ve shot one in the yard just goofing around. Didn’t feel right to me, kinda like putting chrome wheels on a wheel barrow. I did notice it will increase your string noise ten fold.

Keith Karr

Thanks DoubleRR !
Some of the diehard Trad guys these days don’t realize people were using releases before compounds came out.

Hillbilly stalker is right about the noise being greater than a finger release.