using game carts to carry stands

TreeJacker

Have any of you used your game carts to pull in your climbing stands?

How did it work out for you?

Do you recomend specific game carts?

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I tried with a ladder stand. It didn't work well. It turned over and park of the ladder caught my arm and cut me real good. I would think it would work great with a climber.

I do know that mine is fabulous with deer.

Goat

GONetwork Member and TU member!
the tree lounge can be used as a cart with the optional wheels. they are an extra 75 bucks i think. i have a tree lounge but do not have the wheels, yet.

Joe Moran

I have thought about welding a steel dowel on each side of the platform of my ladder stand. You could then put removable wheels on it & push or pull it. Kinda like a 16' wheelbarrow. :D

dixie

Wheels

Goat, I have a pair of wheels with mine and they work OK, Like most all extras, there a bother until you need them. My only real complaint with them is the extra time in the dark taking them off and hiding them before I can put the stand on the tree. I've hauled some deer out on them and they do work well.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I just tote my API on my back into the woods. Less noise that way. I leave my game cart in the truck and if I kill a deer, I go get it. Load the deer, and stand on it and haul it all back to the truck. Sure beats dragging one for a long way.