Using Imgur for posting pictures

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
This site won’t even handle a screenshot of a photo. Pretty much ideal for game camera files from the Y2K and not much else. It’s a Total dragi
With the amount of traffic this site gets, without a photo size restriction, there would be a gazillion terabytes of photo data bogging the server down before long. We allow a 1000 pixel wide photo, which is good sized and no trouble to get. I have posted tens of thousands of pics on here over the years and never have experienced a "drag" with it. Just use any simple photo editing or MS paint program to resize your pics to 1000x800 or so. It takes about 1 second. Or set your camera to a resolution of that size to begin with.

175rltw

BANNED
Nah- I would never go to a lower resolution image inside the camera, I just post my pictures on rokslide which somehow despite massive viewership, and membership is able to host pictures from an iPhone camera, has a mobile format that is user friendly, and also Supports tapatalk for even easier image uploading and an add free experience.

This forum, as you indicated is fine the way it is, and the fact that you either have to get a separate photo account or else use a computer rather than mobile device to post pictures insures that only the really really dedicated users are adding content, as opposed to more casual users like myself who simply migrate to other venues.

GunnSmokeer

Nah- I would never go to a lower resolution image inside the camera, I just post my pictures on rokslide which somehow despite massive viewership, and membership is able to host pictures from an iPhone camera, has a mobile format that is user friendly, and also Supports tapatalk for even easier image uploading and an add free experience.
This forum, as you indicated is fine the way it is, and the fact that you either have to get a separate photo account or else use a computer rather than mobile device to post pictures insures that only the really really dedicated users are adding content, as opposed to more casual users like myself who simply migrate to other venues.