Administrator
Staff member
Very nice collection!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
There`s a Boggy in there too. Nice.

LEGHORN

I’ll have to look up Boggy, I’m not versed in all the descriptions, names, etc. I’ve always been curious of the dark grey one. It almost looks painted. What type of material? It also has what looks to be mustard colored splotches on both sides. Found near Reed Bingham Park in Colquitt county.image.jpg

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I’ll have to look up Boggy, I’m not versed in all the descriptions, names, etc. I’ve always been curious of the dark grey one. It almost looks painted. What type of material? It also has what looks to be mustard colored splotches on both sides. Found near Reed Bingham Park in Colquitt county.View attachment 1062115

Not sure what type chert that is, but I`ve seen similar material over in Southeast Alabama. The Boggy is Boggy Branch. Trans-Paleo-EarlyArchic. That point is old.

LEGHORN

Grew up in Moultrie and lived within walking distance of Okapilco Creek. There was a field near that creek that was absolutely the most incredible artifact hunting spot I’ve walked around on.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
It seems like I remember a couple of points a fellow showed me years ago that he found in the creek that runs out of Reed Bingham State Park. They were of that same material.

walkinboss01

Very nice collection. Congrats

LEGHORN

It seems like I remember a couple of points a fellow showed me years ago that he found in the creek that runs out of Reed Bingham State Park. They were of that same material.
That one came out of the same river, Little River. It was in the water when I found it