Very Sensitive Bark Collar?

Buck Dropper

I have a bird dog that just will NOT keep her mouth shut. She isn’t barking, she is a whiner. She cries constantly when I need to put her in a dog box, crate her in the house, etc. She wants to be with somebody at all times and the whining just doesn’t end.

Is there a shock collar out there sensitive enough to stop her whining?

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
What type of breed? Some breeds have separation issues especially if the dog is an only dog in household and not enough socializing takes place on a daily basis. Some dogs could care less about being with you unless they are hunting.

Hillbilly stalker

I use Garmin bark limiter, top of the line, and the answer is no, they won’t respond to whining. And you better be careful with a shock collar. I would read up on separation anxiety before I started a training regimen.

Buck Dropper

What type of breed? Some breeds have separation issues especially if the dog is an only dog in household and not enough socializing takes place on a daily basis. Some dogs could care less about being with you unless they are hunting.

German Shorthaired Pointer

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I have a GSP. He sometimes whines if he thinks he’s being ignored. I admonish him with a simple hush which works now that he is close to two years old. Separation for some dogs is a real issue. Age cures some of it but depends on how severe the whining and other factors including how the dog is kenneled(inside/out).