Vest for my pup.

Tadpole23

Ok guy Im looking for a vest for my lab this season. He is only 8 months old right now and I know he is a strong swimmer but I would like some kind of flotation to help him on the longer retrieves. Have any of yall used any vest like what im looking for? I see a few on Amazon but I like to get hands on knowledge if I can.

mattuga

Banned
I haven't bought one in years but I do not like the zip up ones as much as I like the velcro. Velcro vest allow you to adjust better to your dog. Velcro freezes and can be a paid but so can a zipper. A poorly fitting dog vest is of little use to the dog and may make all things worse for it, cold/wet/sagging.

The neoprene will help a little with flotation but the main point is for warmth. I would buy the Mo Marsh Versa Vest if my dog was still hunting. I trust the equipment that company puts out has been field tested and thought out.

Tadpole23

Thanks for the information. I will look into that vest and I've run hog dogs alot with zip up vest and they would kick your buttons trying to undo them when they was froze up

Something to consider is buying a vest you can cut to your dog's physical dimensions. The last time I bought a dog vest was two years ago. I ended up ordering 4 different ones before finding one. The best options we found was a cheaper one that was designed to allow cut-to-fit. I tried all the high end models, but they were not cuttable and none fit right.

The great thing about our online ordering culture is that most companies allow you to order and ship back without any shipping costs. Take advantage. Order several and send back what doesn't work.