Village creek

gordwa

I will be coming down in the end of september bringing my 14 foot john boat.I would like to know about how much lead time i would need before dead low tide that i can get out with out to much trouble.I know the area well as i lived and fished Glynn county but never put in at the Harriton Ramp..Thanks for any input >>>

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I will be coming down in the end of september bringing my 14 foot john boat.I would like to know about how much lead time i would need before dead low tide that i can get out with out to much trouble.I know the area well as i lived and fished Glynn county but never put in at the Harriton Ramp..Thanks for any input >>>

It depends.

On the full and new moons, the launch will be high and dry for a good 100 yards or so to the main creek. The parking lot can also flood at higher tides...

On the quarters, you might have to drag at low tide, but a jon probably will still float.

I LOVE that area around low tide and usually plan my trips to be there from about 1/2 way out to 1/2 way in. This works for me in either kayaks, or my little Riverhawk.

I can't tell you how many idiots I have seen at that ramp with not enough water and too much boat... ?

Last week of September shows big moon, 8ft tides, high around 10am.

I would pass on Village Creek that week, but I am a low tide guy...

To answer your original question, I'd launch as soon as there was enough water, and knock it off by 1300.

Last edited:

Mars

I've had to walk a kayak 100ish yds back to the ramp at dead low before. RR is spot on. I've been amazed by the size of some boats that put in at high tide knowing how far the water can receed at low tide.