Vintage Scopes - Anyone Using One Of These ?

NWS

This is an old El Paso K2.5 Weaver with the Post Style crosshairs. Pretty cool. I have it on a 1971 WBY 243 Vanguard with the old Sako style action. Also have other old El Paso Weavers and 1970’s Denver Redfields I just can’t put down. 6C9567E8-1A76-4156-AF34-E9391C20A233.jpeg

Last edited:

chuckdog

I have an old steel tube Weaver on one of my .22 target rifles. They were way ahead of their time. Quality was excellent. Most folks today can't imagine a rusty scope tube.

Bowyer29

Currently on my Grandfathers old Winchester Model 88, is a scope just like that. Very accurate believe it or now, but very poor light transmission. I almost black out about 15 minutes before last light. It will be replaced this year.

Anvil Head

I have two old Weaver K4's that still operate as intended. Never had a problem with either. Tough and durable.

tell sackett

I’ve got a Tasco 3-9x40 world class tv view that’s been on my Remny for over 25 years

Nimrod71

I have several 40 year old Weaver, Redfield and Leupold scopes. They are dated and light transmission is not up to todays standard but I still use them. Reminds me of the days back when I was young and they were new. like sand through the hour glass so are the days of our lives.

GregoryB.

Dont have a Weaver but I have a 80's model Bushnell Trophy 3×9 on a Ruger 77 RSI 250 Savage. Needed a gloss scope and went digging through the lost box and came up with that Bushnell. Works great. Wish I had a few more of those.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I have an old weaver at least 50 years old. It was perfect until a couple years ago I shattered the lens. I still remounted it and hunt with it because I can occasionally not see the shatter and its still zeroed. I wish I never ruined it but then again I only love it now that I broke it and it still works great. SMH.

Michael F Sights

I have an old weaver at least 50 years old. It was perfect until a couple years ago I shattered the lens. I still remounted it and hunt with it because I can occasionally not see the shatter and its still zeroed. I wish I never ruined it but then again I only love it now that I broke it and it still works great. SMH.

Vintage Rifle Scopes in Montana has a lot of old, refurbished scopes, check them out

SakoL61R

1950’s 4x Kollmorgen Bear Cub on Grandpa’s 1924 .300 Savage 99 takedown.
Glass is fairly decent and still shoots good. Taken 8 with it, including two rapid “doubles”. He chuckles from above when they hit the dirt.
Or maybe it was just the wind and leaves?