Vogel SP let's hear it

2redheads

I LOVE Vogel. My families favorite SP in GA. We like it in the summer because the kids can get in the mountain streams and play after hiking. It just all depends on what you want to do. If you just want to relax and hike -- it's great! If you are going to find great restaurants close by -- ain't happening! If you're towing a camper, enjoy going up Blood Mtn.

Oldstick

Also you might try Trackrock Campground just north of Vogel. Nice place for a private CG.

Yes, Vogel is a beautiful park and great activities for the kids. And Trackrock is great also. The main thing I didn't like about Vogel was having to park and watch for someone to vacate a site, it was so crowded. That and it seemed to be operated mostly by urban raised tree huggers at the time. This was probably 10 years ago.

jp328

We drove there from Tampa. We stayed for 6 days and loved it. Beautiful park. We plan on going again. Well worth the drive.

bow_hunter125

Great place to visit! When we go camping we always go there. I like to walk around the lake and site fish for bass! Most of them are not very big, but they can be a challenge sometimes(they get pounded during the warmer months).

GAnaturalist

Great place to visit! When we go camping we always go there. I like to walk around the lake and site fish for bass! Most of them are not very big, but they can be a challenge sometimes(they get pounded during the warmer months).

I fished there for years, I went out at night and fished for bass with a top water crank, something like a small/medium broke-backed floating Rapala, cranked slow, worked the best.

Hawg Daddy

Just got back from the North Ga. mountains and I must say it I didn't stay at Vogel got scared off about the people BUT I did stay at Trackrock and LOVED it the best place I've stay to date bar none and the hunting around there is good and we all loved the shopping at that LITTLE store called Alexander's WOW all that and I got me a hog for the grill to.Even though I didn't stay at Vogel thanks to all for the post.

Thanks Bubba