Vols troll Dawgs on twitter for getting Chaney

MudDucker

Staff member
I thought I had witnessed the deepest dept of Vol stupidity in the past, however, the new trolling of UGA for over paying Chaney to come back reach a new low.

Keep it classless Vol Nation, its what we've come to expect. :rofl:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I saw that yesterday. They truly think they stole him from us. Bless their hearts. :ROFLMAO:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Everybody that thinks Jim Chaney it the best OC in college football, raise their hand. Now everybody that thinks the Vols are good at throwing money out the windows, clap your hands.

poohbear

Everybody that thinks Jim Chaney it the best OC in college football, raise their hand. Now everybody that thinks the Vols are good at throwing money out the windows, clap your hands.
I for one is glad to see him go, he never showed me any greatness, I feel like he never used all out talent like the TEs especially when we stalled on a drive it was same stuff. Need to change up when something is not working.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Kirby new if he had gave Chaney that big raise, he would have trouble with the rest of his staff. Now that is someone else's problem.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I hear a lot of clapping !?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

I hear a lot of clapping !?

When can we stop clapping? My palms are getting sore.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sorry I did not know yall would just go on clapping from now on. Have to tell yall everything.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Sorry I did not know yall would just go on clapping from now on. Have to tell yall everything.

You said clap so I started clapping and figured you would say when it was enough to prove your point. We got some hard cases in here that just don't get the picture in focus real quick and I didn't want to leave you twisting in the wind.:bounce:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
You said clap so I started clapping and figured you would say when it was enough to prove your point. We got some hard cases in here that just don't get the picture in focus real quick and I didn't want to leave you twisting in the wind.:bounce:

In the future, about 20 seconds of clapping will serve the purpose. Poor old Billy cant clap atall.

MudDucker

Staff member

Thunderous applause.

Horns

Biggest win of the entire scenario is keeping Pittman. Chaney is subpar

BuckNasty83

I saw that yesterday. They truly think they stole him from us. Bless their hearts. :ROFLMAO:
If fairness, we did. UT outbid UGA for his services. But we all know this is nothing more than a moral victory for some of the Vol faithful.

Likewise, in UGA fashion, there will be some Dawg fans who refuse to accept defeat and play it off as Kirby not wanting Chaney anyway.

And while it may be true that a lot of the fans didn't like Chaney, he was successful for ya'll and he shouldn't bare all the blame for not reaching the amount of success yall felt entitled too. Just as some of us don't care to have him back at UT. Some of our fans blamed him for our lack of success when he was here last time. When it was really the defense.

I don't care for Chaney one way or the other, but I believe him and Pruitt can lead us to success if the talent follows. It'll be perceived as biased, but I believe Pruitt is a better defensive coach than Kirby and this is where this duo works out for us.

Whether Chaney didn't like it in Athens, or didn't like working with Kirby, or just felt underappreciated. One thing is clear. He wanted to come back to Tennessee

rshunter

Good riddance. Been screaming for him to be fired for 3 years. No imagination at all.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
If fairness, we did. UT outbid UGA for his services. But we all know this is nothing more than a moral victory for some of the Vol faithful.

Likewise, in UGA fashion, there will be some Dawg fans who refuse to accept defeat and play it off as Kirby not wanting Chaney anyway.

And while it may be true that a lot of the fans didn't like Chaney, he was successful for ya'll and he shouldn't bare all the blame for not reaching the amount of success yall felt entitled too. Just as some of us don't care to have him back at UT. Some of our fans blamed him for our lack of success when he was here last time. When it was really the defense.

I don't care for Chaney one way or the other, but I believe him and Pruitt can lead us to success if the talent follows. It'll be perceived as biased, but I believe Pruitt is a better defensive coach than Kirby and this is where this duo works out for us.

Whether Chaney didn't like it in Athens, or didn't like working with Kirby, or just felt underappreciated. One thing is clear. He wanted to come back to Tennessee
There may be some truth in your post, but the thing is, if UGA REALLY wanted to keep Chaney, I think we would have thrown money at him to do so. If we didn't match or exceed what UT was offering, apparently we didn't feel Chaney was worth it. I think Chaney and Kirby were bumping heads. Seen Kirby lose his mind a few times during some of our games, yelling into his headset at Chaney. I had also heard Chaney and another one of our coaches had gotten into it. But like most things, may be nothing to any of it.

Regardless, Chaney may be a decent OC, but I do think UGA and UT can do better than him. Then again, we may end up being in worse shape after his departure. Only time will tell.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten

Buck my point was, that it is insane that someone pay that man more than any other coordinator in the country. If it was a biding war that makes it worse, because UGA came nowhere close to offering him that much money.

SpotandStalk

Buck my point was, that it is insane that someone pay that man more than any other coordinator in the country. If it was a biding war that makes it worse, because UGA came nowhere close to offering him that much money.

Chaney and Smart must have had some issues or something. Looks like Uga was willing to pay 1.5 and UT is starting him out at 1.5. He'll get a 100,000 raise each yr of the contract. Maybe he just wanted to go back home. But he is now one of if not the highest paid offensive coordinator in the country. I think I wouldve stayed put if Uga was truly willing to give me the 1.5 yr