Vols troll Dawgs on twitter for getting Chaney

BuckNasty83

Chaney and Smart must have had some issues or something. Looks like Uga was willing to pay 1.5 and UT is starting him out at 1.5. He'll get a 100,000 raise each yr of the contract. Maybe he just wanted to go back home. But he is now one of if not the highest paid offensive coordinator in the country. I think I wouldve stayed put if Uga was truly willing to give me the 1.5 yr
I think Kirby handcuffed him and the co-oc was a slap in the face? His roots are of spread offense, he wants to pass more. Ga is RBU ( Running Back University) Everyone is crying to run more. Last year they was more balanced. Almost 50/50. This year, they bring in the co-oc, run more and only pass 39% of the time and fans cry he don't utilize his players correctly.

Fans say he is poor at 2nd half adjustments, yet don't fault Kirby for getting conservative, or scared in big games/close games. After all, he is the HC and gets the last say on every play. Chaney didn't allow Hurts to come in and smoke yall in the 4th quarter.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
From what I have read, UGA did offer him a raise, but it was not close to 1.5 million. I thing he is a good OC, but not ate top of the list. but closer to the middle rung. His run in was with the QB coach over how to use Fields is what I heard on Dawg Nation podcast.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Kirby was not happy with some of his short yardage calls, and it was easy to see on tv, as he was irate on the headset with him. Kirby is still young, he is still developing his style, I think he is learning from his mistakes. We saw that last year in the rematch with Auburn. We will see, but being a HC is a lot more complicated than being a coordinator.

joepuppy

If fairness, we did. UT outbid UGA for his services. But we all know this is nothing more than a moral victory for some of the Vol faithful.

Likewise, in UGA fashion, there will be some Dawg fans who refuse to accept defeat and play it off as Kirby not wanting Chaney anyway.

And while it may be true that a lot of the fans didn't like Chaney, he was successful for ya'll and he shouldn't bare all the blame for not reaching the amount of success yall felt entitled too. Just as some of us don't care to have him back at UT. Some of our fans blamed him for our lack of success when he was here last time. When it was really the defense.

I don't care for Chaney one way or the other, but I believe him and Pruitt can lead us to success if the talent follows. It'll be perceived as biased, but I believe Pruitt is a better defensive coach than Kirby and this is where this duo works out for us.

Whether Chaney didn't like it in Athens, or didn't like working with Kirby, or just felt underappreciated. One thing is clear. He wanted to come back to Tennessee
Couldn't have said it better.

joepuppy

Chaney is a middle of the ladder sort of hire. I personally don't think he is worth what they are paying him, but maybe he will fit. I am optimistic at this point. I just hope he gets away from being so predictable. He still owns a lake house in Tennessee, and wants to finish out his career there. Now I know why they put the new Krispy Kreme on campus.

BuckNasty83

Something else from today

Listening to the 247 Podcast on the Chaney hire, did not realize that his daughter attends UT. Also in years past, Chaney and his wife had agreed that Knoxville was the best place they had ever lived - and East TN was a likely retirement destination

TinKnocker

I thought I had witnessed the deepest dept of Vol stupidity in the past, however, the new trolling of UGA for over paying Chaney to come back reach a new low.

Keep it classless Vol Nation, its what we've come to expect. :rofl:
I have lost track of how many of these idjits have called it a “homerun hire” :rofl:

It’s like they don’t realize he’s an okay OC who had tons of talent at his disposal.

My prediction: Without Pittman he’s a bust.

TinKnocker

Chaney and Smart must have had some issues or something. Looks like Uga was willing to pay 1.5 and UT is starting him out at 1.5. He'll get a 100,000 raise each yr of the contract. Maybe he just wanted to go back home. But he is now one of if not the highest paid offensive coordinator in the country. I think I wouldve stayed put if Uga was truly willing to give me the 1.5 yr
I e seen this said but can’t find a reliable source that confirms GA went as high as 1.5mil.

BuckNasty83

His numbers at Tennessee in 2012 his last year here

2012 – Tennessee
Total Yards:
Passing Yards:
Rushing Yards:
Yards Per Play: 6.42
Third Down Percentage: 37.35%
Red Zone Scoring: 86.44%

Then this year

2018 – Georgia
Total Yards:
Passing Yards:
Rushing Yards:
Yards Per Play: 7.05
Third Down Percentage: 47.53%
Red Zone Scoring: 82.6%

Pretty identical. Yall had more talent on offense and a better defense. Our defense was at a historical low and he was still able to produce. Chaney produces and yall down playing him are being silly.

BuckNasty83

Chaney sucked and Pruitt will be screaming at him through his headset this year.

Lol
Hope you like J Cool or whomever yall promoted. Yall will never be a happy fanbase. Yall were up and and down this year. The Texas game was on the players. Swift fumbled like 3 times. Fromm was over throwing guys, WRs were dropping balls and yalls defense was flat. Yall were flat against us. Poor line play on both sides of the ball

Duff

[QUOTE="BuckNasty83, post: yalls defense was flat. Yall were flat against us. Poor line play on both sides of the ball[/QUOTE]

I hear you. Tenn was shutout the first half. And scored 12 the 2nd. Wait till we get not flat!

brownceluse

Lol
Hope you like J Cool or whomever yall promoted. Yall will never be a happy fanbase. Yall were up and and down this year. The Texas game was on the players. Swift fumbled like 3 times. Fromm was over throwing guys, WRs were dropping balls and yalls defense was flat. Yall were flat against us. Poor line play on both sides of the ball
For Pittman to stay tells me all I need to know

BuckNasty83

For Pittman to stay tells me all I need to know
For Pruitt not to go after Pittman tells me all I need to know lol Pittman was never considered. Pruitt has his guy in Will Friend.

Jesus yall have top tier talent and yall are worried about Pittman ? I understand the value of a good o line, but Defense wins championships.

brownceluse

For Pruitt not to go after Pittman tells me all I need to know lol Pittman was never considered. Pruitt has his guy in Will Friend.

Jesus yall have top tier talent and yall are worried about Pittman ? I understand the value of a good o line, but Defense wins championships.
Wait a minute there slick. Will coached in Athens to..... Will can’t even hold Pittman beer. I know exactly how much top tier talent we have and I also know Pittman brought in a lot of them. You want to pound your chest about getting Chaney? By all means you go ahead. You ran your suck about Chaney coming to Athens now your defending him coming to Knoxville. Priceless. You want to talk about defense wins championships but your HC can’t even recruit head to head with ours. Pathetic! Pruitt is an arrogant ***** that can’t control his likker. Now Fat Chaney is there without his best friend Sam Pittman. Pruitt will make y’all average again. That is all!

BamaGeorgialine

It's all in how you spin it. 12 and 3 is a great year! We'll take that every year! Or 12 and 3 sucks! It's all the OC's fault! We're at a point where if you don't overpay the coordinators then they'll leave on the first train out. The kids take a beating for sitting out bowl games or transferring but, they play for and watch the coordinator revolving door because the coaches want more money. EVERYONE wants more MONEY. All we can chose to do is sit back and watch, or not watch but, this is sports today.

BuckNasty83

Wait a minute there slick. Will coached in Athens to..... Will can’t even hold Pittman beer. I know exactly how much top tier talent we have and I also know Pittman brought in a lot of them. You want to pound your chest about getting Chaney? By all means you go ahead. You ran your suck about Chaney coming to Athens now your defending him coming to Knoxville. Priceless. You want to talk about defense wins championships but your HC can’t even recruit head to head with ours. Pathetic! Pruitt is an arrogant ***** that can’t control his likker. Now Fat Chaney is there without his best friend Sam Pittman. Pruitt will make y’all average again. That is all!
Sensitive today aint we? I'm not defending Chaney. I didn't even mention him above. I'm less than excited about Jim. But we had him for 4 years. I know what he's capable of. And when yall hired him, ofcourse I kicked some dirt up about it. I pick at yall about everything. But if you really check my history, I never had a problem with him. Our offense set records with him. It was our defense that sucked. We had Pittman also. The run game was kind of weak under him, but he is a fine o line coach though. I trust that Pruitt rather have Friend. He's gone on record saying that his o lines were the toughest hes coached against. And Pruitts alcoholism is blown out of proportion with Dawg fans only. And many admired him stepping up to Mark. Sark was the one who had a real problem, but you had no problem supporting him in Atl. I bet did ya?

brownceluse

Sensitive today aint we? I'm not defending Chaney. I didn't even mention him above. I'm less than excited about Jim. But we had him for 4 years. I know what he's capable of. And when yall hired him, ofcourse I kicked some dirt up about it. I pick at yall about everything. But if you really check my history, I never had a problem with him. Our offense set records with him. It was our defense that sucked. We had Pittman also. The run game was kind of weak under him, but he is a fine o line coach though. I trust that Pruitt rather have Friend. He's gone on record saying that his o lines were the toughest hes coached against. And Pruitts alcoholism is blown out of proportion with Dawg fans only. And many admired him stepping up to Mark. Sark was the one who had a real problem, but you had no problem supporting him in Atl. I bet did ya?
It’s funny reading your post. Will Friend is Pruitts friend. What’s he going to say when he talks about him? Give me a time where Pruitt had to coach against Will Friends O line......? compared to Pittman, Friend is a below average recruiter and coach. But so is every other o line coach right now. Pittman is the bomb n u know it. That’s why Saban tried to hire him. Y’all are moving up don’t worry. Y’all might just beat Vandy this year. But I wouldn’t bet on it.