WA - 2022

Gut_Pile

Made our western trip this past weekend. As usual, it was a ton of fun with great friends.

Got their on 4/29 and with rain forecasted for the next AM, we decided to try to get in a quick hunt on some birds we knew were in the area. It took about an hour, but eventually one came close enough to get the bad news from my 20ga.

WA 1.jpg

The next morning found me sitting tight to 6 longbeards on the roost. I was lucky that I had picked the side of the mountain they wanted to fly down to when they decided to pitch. Eventually one worked to about 25 yards and closed out the shooting part of my adventure at 5:24AM

WA 3.jpg

Through the remainder of the day Andy, and our buddy Marty, were able to wrap tags around 2 each as well. I wish we would have gotten pics with all the birds together, but with the rain and having to get gone the next AM to head home, we didn't get a chance.

As always, it was a great trip and I cannot wait to do it again (God willing) next year

WA 2.jpg

six

Looks like a blast

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Very Nice!
Great pics!

turkeykirk

Congratulations

Gaswamp

nice....wudn't mind taking a trip out to that part of the country one day

Elkdog

I live in western Montana and just got back out here from spending the winter in Georgia. I’m trying to get caught up so I can go hunting before it closes. I’m looking at northern Idaho and maybe NE Washington. I’ve never hunted there but have been researching it. Public hunting looks to be pretty good with good numbers of turkeys. I guess I’ll find out.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Way to go gut pile!! Woohoo! Precious moments flying by for sure! Thanks for sharing and taking us with you! Those are some awesome photos too!

wvdawg

Staff member
Beautiful birds Will! Congratulations on your continued adventures and success in WA!

brittonl

Great hunt and recap Will, enjoyed the pics. How many years have you been making that trip now, if I recall correctly it’s been a good many. Congrats

Latest posts