Wader recommendations

longrangedog

Stocking foot or with boots? Neoprene? Name some reliable brands. I'll be in rocky North Georgia streams and rivers with some slick rocks and cold water. Thanks for your help.

fish hawk

Bass Master
I like to wear neoprene stocking foot waders with a felt sole wading boot.The felt sole boot will offer greater traction on slippery rocks vs a rubber sole boot, also a wading staff is a great piece of equipment to also include.I wade the middle chattahoochee mostly with its challenging currents and owl snot covered rocks.As far as brands there are a myriad of options out there but it mostly come down to how often you will use them and how much you want to spend.

Last edited:

flyrod444

If you plan on fishing only in the winter neoprene would be ok, but it will cook you the rest of the year. The breathable gore tex type waders. Will work year round in georgia though. Just wear sweat pants and warm socks when temps or cold and you will be fine. Felt soles boats will help you on wet rocks more than you would ever think. Cabela's use to have good waders before bass pro bought them. Being a guide I use simms or orvis guide waders who both put out good waders. They also have cheaper waders that are descent. I would recommend getting stocking foot waders that require boot separate. You can then wear the boot with thick socks on hotter days and wade wet.

Shadow11

Im using cheap hodgman neoprene felt boot waders. I've used them for about 4 years, now. My previous pair was also a cheap pair of hodgman, but they got wet inside, and stink badly.

The newer pair still gets the job done, though. I went for the 1st time in several months this past Wednesday. Had a great day. I caught several nice ones on the old zebco 33. The best one was a rainbow at close to 9 lbs. Also got a brown that was around 5 lbs I guess. You'll want felt bottoms if there are lots of rocks. Any brand will do. In the summer, I'll wear a pair of felt shoes and shorts.

Wednesday.....

Screenshot_2020-11-28-15-28-45.pngScreenshot_2020-11-28-15-28-52.png