Wading small creeks for bass

tween_the_banks

The wife and I took the kids to a couple of small creeks nearby to do some bass fishing. Although the kids decided that swimming would be much more fun, Amanda and I ended up having a great day on the water. We caught some fish and I even caught a pretty decent fish considering the location and also considering the kids were swimming just behind us while we fished.
The editing process of this video was a bit maddening since we had 3 different cameras going but i hope it turned out well enough for you all to find it entertaining.
Let me know what you think.

DSGB

Good stuff! Hard to beat creek fishing. My son spends more time swimming, but I don't blame him when it's this hot.

You ain't playin' with that hook set!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Good video! I think you were channeling Hank Parker there at the beginning. :)

tween_the_banks

Good video! I think you were channeling Hank Parker there at the beginning. :)

I'm afraid to look Hank Parker up now haha.

Seems like I remember him vaguely on The Outdoor Channel years ago but I haven't had cable in about 7 years so my memory is blurry.

tween_the_banks

Good stuff! Hard to beat creek fishing. My son spends more time swimming, but I don't blame him when it's this hot.

Yeah I set it pretty hard when frog fishing. Especially with that brand.
My daughter fished for about 10 minutes and was in the water swimming.

TBI

That hook set looks to me like what a cross between Roland Deschain and Austin Peterson setting the hook would look like....

jocko755

Looks like fun!

Never would have selected that CensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensored toad for creek fishing - but sheesh - what do I know? They were tearing it up. Must have appeared to be bream colored. Those creek bass were aggressive!

That's the best kind of family fun. Kids swimming and finding critters. Kids should not be afraid to get in the mud! Way to go Mom and Dad!

tween_the_banks

Looks like fun!

Never would have selected that CensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensored toad for creek fishing - but sheesh - what do I know? They were tearing it up. Must have appeared to be bream colored. Those creek bass were aggressive!

That's the best kind of family fun. Kids swimming and finding critters. Kids should not be afraid to get in the mud! Way to go Mom and Dad!

If there's mud my kids sniff it out like rabbit dogs and dive straight in.
I'm not sure why but I've always had good luck with frogs in creeks. Especially the Mr. Ribbit frogs.
Thanks for checking the video out.

Coenen

Fun vid, fun fishing! There's lots of small waters out there that get overlooked. :clap:

He definitely isn't gettin' cheated!
Never would have selected that toad for creek fishing.
I thought that too, but it makes a ton of sense once you think about it. Sometimes too, they'll just key up on anything that falls in the water and starts struggling.

tween_the_banks

Fun vid, fun fishing! There's lots of small waters out there that get overlooked. :clap:

He definitely isn't gettin' cheated!
I thought that too, but it makes a ton of sense once you think about it. Sometimes too, they'll just key up on anything that falls in the water and starts struggling.

Thanks for checking the video out.
Don't tell too many folks about the deadly creek toad though;)