Waiting on Winter Driveler #340

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Buy her a puppy for Christmas. I like GSP’s myself.
That would be the best present EVER! but I want another one of these.
dachshund-puppy-in-the-hands-of-its-female-owner-picture-id864379398

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Seems like it would blow the moisture out of the duct then.

He determined there was no sign of moisture in the duct, but still wants to relocate it closer to eliminate about a 12' or so run, possibly a little more.

This is an upright duel fuel system and the evaporator coil is above the furnace. The drain line for the evaporator is clogged and not draining, so leaking down into furnace and down into emergency pan. But not before it drip's splashes in furnace area where electronics and gas valve are.

That was his diagnosis. Going to run a new drain line, the one they ran basically has no fall, maybe even a tad (-) Fall. He said the route they ran it just wasn't enough fall.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
He determined there was no sign of moisture in the duct, but still wants to relocate it closer to eliminate about a 12' or so run, possibly a little more.

This is an upright duel fuel system and the evaporator coil is above the furnace. The drain line for the evaporator is clogged and not draining, so leaking down into furnace and down into emergency pan. But not before it drip's splashes in furnace area where electronics and gas valve are.

That was his diagnosis. Going to run a new drain line, the one they ran basically has no fall, maybe even a tad (-) Fall. He said the route they ran it just wasn't enough fall.
They didn't run the condensate line into a pump, like this?

100_3605.JPG

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Mine is 17' above the ground in my attic, with proper fall and annual cleaning to check that it isn't clogged, it should never require a pump. However, there is an emergency pan beneath my entire air handler with a small pump in it if necessary.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Outside. It follows / is taped to the freon lines.

Mines in the basement. Like Bat said, it is taped to my freon lines, goes out to the compressor. You and I played with it when we did the sprinklers. I knocked another cap out of that pump and have my dehumidifier draining into it as well.431AE90D-F27A-4922-B9B2-A545D908DBD2.jpeg

Last edited:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Mines in the basement. Like Bat said, it is taped to my freon lines, goes out to the compressor. You and I played with it when we did the sprinklers. I knocked another cap out of that pump and have my dehumidifier draining into it as well.

So, both of y'alls go up?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Yes, a full story. It goes from basement floor to outside near where we put the spigot.

Copy that, rarely will you see a pump when draining down hill, especially when it's as high as mine above ground. I have 10' ceilings in most of this house + sitting on top of about a 2' foundation + the unit in the attic is vertical and the drain pipe originates @ about 3-4' up off the attic floor.

Run properly from initial install it shouldn't ever require a pump except in the event it gets clogged and drains into emergency pan which it has.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
HVAC guy admitted to me they didn't run it with enough fall in the drain line. When I access it to change filters and so forth I walk over(cross it) the drain line in an opening through roof bracing. They left it low so that I would never trip over it. We discussed it today and I told him to relocate to another area that I never walk and I don't care if it's 2-3' off the floor as it falls downhill all the way as it exits the outside wall and down to the ground. That's what he's going to do.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
At any rate, at least it's running normal right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.