Waked off Blackshear

across the river

I think most of the operators are spoiled brat rich kids whose parents bought the $100,000 wake boat to keep them out of their hair.

You would be wrong in most cases. The majority of the people I know who have one have them financed for 10, 15, or even 20 years. Looking rich and being rich are two completely different things.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
You would be wrong in most cases. The majority of the people I know who have one have them financed for 10, 15, or even 20 years. Looking rich and being rich are two completely different things.

Yes, but looking like an idiot and being an idiot are pretty much one in the same.

GA BASS ODYSSEY

Me to, during the summer. Fall, winter and early spring isn't to bad.

Wake boats should be banned from Blackshear...the lake is to narrow for such idiots. I have a special hate towards wake boaters. That resort/marina was the worst thing that could have happened to that lake

I have developed that special hate as well

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Wake boaters and have adverse effect on every other activity on the water.
Whereas other users of the lake don't...
Jetskis almost as bad.

F.A.R.R.

For the original poster- that does not sound like a good experience at all, and i feel your pain

I can't stand a wake boat. Not only do they send that initial huge wake- you get the resulting rebounding one off the bank. Then they usually stay in the same area for a long time, so it's not just one wake and rebound wake you have to deal with- they mess up all of the water in entire arms of lakes. Also 9 times out of 10 they are playing obnoxiously loud music of a variety I don't care for.

The jet skis are annoying like a fly at a picnic in comparison to a wake boat - which just ruins everything.

I don't think it ever would happen, but I wish wake boats would be limited to certain areas of lakes because they are so disruptive to everyone else

StriperrHunterr

For the original poster- that does not sound like a good experience at all, and i feel your pain

I can't stand a wake boat. Not only do they send that initial huge wake- you get the resulting rebounding one off the bank. Then they usually stay in the same area for a long time, so it's not just one wake and rebound wake you have to deal with- they mess up all of the water in entire arms of lakes. Also 9 times out of 10 they are playing obnoxiously loud music of a variety I don't care for.

The jet skis are annoying like a fly at a picnic in comparison to a wake boat - which just ruins everything.

I don't think it ever would happen, but I wish wake boats would be limited to certain areas of lakes because they are so disruptive to everyone else
Good analogy. Jet skis are like flies buzzing a picnic. Wake boats, especially the ones who wake surf, is like a herd of cattle stampeding through your picnic. The whole thing is just shot and things are likely damaged as a result. I'm for people enjoying the lake the way they like to, but the damages done by wake boats, to other craft, the shoreline, and even personal injuries is inarguable.