Walton Regional FNRA Banquet!

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Saturday, Febuary 19th at 6:pM the Walton Regional Friends of the NRA will be holding it's Annual banquet in Social Circle.

Tickets are $25 each or $40 for a couple.

We have some great raffle prizes and some auction items.

Robinson's BBQ from Monroe will provide the meal and Melanie Ann from WMOQ 92.3 FM will be the emcee!!!

The proceeds from this event will be used to assist the Walton County Sheriff in his work on opening a gun range in Walton County!!!

All you guys in Gwinnett, Walton, Newton, Morgan, Barrow, Oconee, etc. will benifit from this goal.

Pevening between 6-9PM for tickets!

We need your help! :flag:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I'll be joining Melanie Ann and Julio of WMOQ 92.3 FM for a live remote broadcast tomorrow (Saturday) at Franklin's Guns in Athens between 11AM and 2PM!

The first 5 folks that show up and buy tickets get a free Friends of the NRA hat!!!

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
OK folks!

The banquet is this Saturday!

We still have some tickets available.

You folks over around the Gwinnett, Walton, Morgan area should come out and support the effort!

It'll be a blast! :D :pop:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Come on guys!

Get involved and help support this new range. Everyone is always looking for a place close by to site in their rifles and practice shooting.

Well, nows your chance to make it happen!

Let's Git-R-Done!

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
All right guys!

Ticket sales are going very well!

The radio station in Monroe has done us a great job!

Thanks to huntnut for the ticket purchase!

We may not have tickets at the door the way this thing has taken off!

If you want one you better let me know!

Has it been stated where Sheriff Joe Chapman's trying to get the new range in Walton located? I love the idea of a range out my way and look to make it to the dinner.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
BJONES1471,

If I'm not mistaken their looking to put it at the old dump site off of Hwy-11 near Hwy-316 which should be a fairly central location for a ton of folks.

Glad to hear you're attending the banquet, hope to see ya there myself... :clap:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I think it went very well for a 1st effort.

From what I can tell thus far we netted about $2K.

Ask buckaholic and let me know what he tells you.

I couldn't make the event but am very interested in learning more about getting the range in Walton. Is there a post just for this somewhere giving updates? :banana:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
BJONES,

I'm going to take a couple of weeks off to enjoy life for a spell. Shoot a hog. Catch a crappie. Enjoy a Cookout with a few dozen of my friends.

Then I'll get back with Sheriff Chapman, plan a couple of raffles to raise a little more money, plan another banquet for somewhere along August and see if we can't get her done!

I've had twice as many contacts and much more interest since the banquet than I had before!

I think we can make this thing happen! :shoot: :shoot:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Jeff, you and Debbie both deserve a break! Ya'll done an excellent job with the banquet and I'm happy to hear it turned out to be a success.

I'm also happy to hear that the range is gaining interest. It will be a huge asset to the community once it's up and running. I spoke with the new Walton County Sheriff, though I can't for the life of me remember his name and he seems to be a really super nice guy. I think he'll get the job done with the support that he has from the community and that the FNRA is giving him.

Hats off to all of you!......... :clap:

BJONES1471, sorry you couldn't make it. You missed some good food and a good time. Hopefully, we'll see you at the next one... :)

I met the at the time running for office Sheriff Joe Chapman at the Loganville (Memorial Day - monument unvailing in the town for the branches of the military). Sheriff Chapman at the time was back from Irag and getting out of the Army NG and running for Sheriff. After talking to him I knew he would be a great asset to Waton as Sheriff. I met him in Grand Jury duty for a 2nd time a few weeks a go when he made a point to come in and thank us personnally for our time. Not like JD is an option unless you care to spend time in the jail yourself but still he's that kinda man that took the time to thank us for performing our civic duty. The idea he's wanting to open a public range for the gunners in the surrounding county's is just another plus for him as the new Sheriff elect.

Someone should start a thread for this cause to it stays current with updates and those who are interested can see upcoming events to help make it happen. Whoever's heading the challenge up, how bout a thread or sticky to us Walton's to keep up with. Just my suggestion.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
BJ,

If you PM me with your contact info I'll certainly keep you abreast of what's going on.

Just so you'll know, your info will not go past my house. I do not report to the NRA and no junk mail will be forthcoming from this effort!

Just info about the gun range campaign! :flag: