Wanted to share with you addicts

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Gigging in some flats with a kayak and a full face snorkel is the bomb.
What are the size limits there?
In NJ you can keep one flounder between 17" and 17.99" and one flounder over 18"!!!!!!
Insanity

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
In NJ you can keep one flounder between 17" and 17.99" and one flounder over 18"!!!!!!
Insanity
See below. I also gig port st Joe Fl. It’s now 14 inches there.
Georgia Flounder Size Limit: 12 inches, measured straight line distance from tip of snout to tip of tail. Georgia Flounder Gigging Season: All months of the year. Georgia Flounder Gig Regulations: Only a flounder may be taken with a gig.

Georgia Flounder Bag Limit: 15 per person per day
Georgia Flounder Gigging Season: All months of the year.

Georgia Flounder Gig Regulations: Only a flounder may be taken with a gig. A gig is defined as any handheld shaft with single or multiple points, barbed or barbless. Based on this, a standard barbed flounder gig with one to five prongs may be used.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Insanity
Oh yea that’s a pretty tight bag limit! I’d be one that gets caught ?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Imma guess that top pic is off Sheepshead Bay/Coney Island Brooklyn...with the bridge to the left being the Verrazano Narrows. You's a lookin' at a lot of Russians in much of that housing...maybe not as many as Moscow...but a large population.
I have no idea. That is as close as I ever want to be.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
don't know if these guys do paid trips..

but the FB page was this fellow whose photos came across my page on Savannah Saltwater Fibbers group

https://www.instagram.com/fourleaffishing/?hl=en

I'm pretty sure if you were ever intrigued enough to consider you'd probably find available trips from SC down through Florida...
Thank You.
We are seriously considering a S.C. Beach Vacation next year where we can get the Jeeps out on the sand. If we can manage to get the family all in one place at the same time again a Fishing Trip /Gigging Trip will definitely be booked.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
We made a trip for more Stripers today. Same Charter as last November. The recent storm had the Bay churned up but we managed to get into some Stripers that wanted to bite.
Everyone landed a keeper.
IMG_3776.jpg

WaltL1

We made a trip for more Stripers today. Same Charter as last November. The recent storm had the Bay churned up but we managed to get into some Stripers that wanted to bite.
Everyone landed a keeper.
View attachment 1190104
Nice!
Y'all did good. Its cool you got some young folks with you.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
We’re headed to the river this morning to get on some stripes and hybrids. Crispy 26 when I left the house. Hopefully it’ll be around 32 by the time we get in the water. Will post pics later.

Last edited:

oldfella1962

We’re headed to the river this morning to get on some stripes and hybrids. Crispy 26 when I Jeff the house. Hopefully it’ll be around 32 by the time we get in the water. Will post pics later.
Too cold for me! And this is coming from somebody who used to ice-fish this time of year. Good luck on the river! :)

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Some pics are here

StriperAddict

About 18 years ago (younger and foolish) I took my former 15' Bayliner boat out on a 28 degree morning and landed two nice stripers on a swirleybird. It was windy and cold, my bare skin on hands and face felt like frostbite! The gas motor conked out but the boat battery had enough juice for the small electric. No one was around as I lugged back to the ramp, freezing and embarrassed. My only solace was them two 6+ lb. stripes!

While I still really love winter (campfires, walks, etc.), I can't make a trip like that again! :oops: