War Between the States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
A man named Peter C Hains served the Union Army in the American Civil War.
What other war was he involved with, setting a record of sorts for the longest serving soldier.

I remember reading about the old guy at Gettysburg that Jim mentioned. My guess is he probably stayed in and fit in the Spanish American war in 1898 or maybe even WW1 in 1914 ???

westcobbdog

This Reb made Brig General in 1862 at just 26 years old. He was from S Carolina.
He declared no yankee bullet could kill him, but a Southern bullet killed him by accident. Who was this boy warrior?

BassRaider

Should be an easy one?
This general went to WP, fought against the Seminoles and in the Mexican War, and was "unreconstructured" to the end.

Al Medcalf

Jubal Early......Gen. Lee's "Bad old man"

BassRaider

Correct!
We grew up being told we were related. GM was an Early although never could confirm. Never pulled a "Pocahantas".

westcobbdog

This person was considered a war hero by some, and in 1884 he and his politician brother were both considered candidates for the Republican Presidential nomination.

tgc

Who was the brother of my wife’s 3x great grandmother. Answer- James Longstreet. I guess that would make him,(James),my wife’s 3x great uncle.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
4th G-Uncle since there is no Grand Uncle as there is a Grand Father or Mother.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Congratulations on the boycott. I have been at it since the first strike back in the 80s.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I have both of y’all beat on the boycott and I ain’t even boycotting. Never been to an NFL game and don’t watch or listen either.

tgc

This is getting off subject in this part of the forum but somebody should do a poll.

Al Medcalf

I don't watch any THUGBALL. Baseball fits in good with my lifestyle. When coon season ends, spring training starts. When coon season comes in, it's World Series time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.