War Between the States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resica

My question was going to be what Confederate cavalry general has a monument erected in Cumberland county Pa. across the Susquehanna River from Harrisburg, but it's now what Confederate general had a monument there? It involved the Gettysburg Campaign.

Ray357

AWOL
Well, looks like we reached our capacity on the last one. How bout a new one? Make it easy on the first. Who is this guy?:)
Joe Biden?? Don't think I have ever seen that guy before. Almost forgot, I have a $1400 painting of him in my dining room.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
My question was going to be what Confederate cavalry general has a monument erected in Cumberland county Pa. across the Susquehanna River from Harrisburg, but it's now what Confederate general had a monument there? It involved the Gettysburg Campaign.

I think General JEB Stuart. I think I remember it involved saving a bridge from fire. But that may be a completely different story.

Resica

I think General JEB Stuart. I think I remember it involved saving a bridge from fire. But that may be a completely different story.
I think that was Jubal Early's guys at the Wrightsville Bridge over the Susquehanna south of Harrisburg in York County, Pa. It was a Stuart subordinate.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I think that was Jubal Early's guys at the Wrightsville Bridge over the Susquehanna south of Harrisburg in York County, Pa. It was a Stuart subordinate.

Oh well at least I remembered something that really happened ?

Resica

I read about it the other day. General Gordon was gonna cross the bridge. The yankees tried to blow the middle of it up and failed so they lit it on fire. It was a covered bridge. longest in the world I heard , 5620 feet long, the Susky is a wide river. The fire caught Wrightsville town on fire and Jubal's people which included Gordon's Brigade fought the fire in town .

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
We went eastward after our Gettysburg trip about 10-12 years ago. We crossed the modern day bridge that is there now. I think we ate at a cafe near the bridge.

Resica

It was Brigadier General Albert Gallatin Jenkins. Died after Cloyd's Mtn. in 1864 at 33 after his arm was amputated.

westcobbdog

This man was in charge of the coastal defenses around Savannah in the winter of 61',
unfortunately unable to fight back the blue horde from taking Savannah and its port.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
This man was in charge of the coastal defenses around Savannah in the winter of 61',
unfortunately unable to fight back the blue horde from taking Savannah and its port.

Hardee??

Status
Not open for further replies.