War Between the States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resica

General Kershaw did his State proud for sure.

Speaking of CSA Generals, name 2 of the 3 or all 3 Generals of Artillery and where they were from. I can't name all 3 btw.

Mr. Cobb. General Pendelton, General Stephen Lee and ? Am I anywhere near close? What Confederate Armys?:)

westcobbdog

Who became the first person / signal officer / engineer to transmit a message using a flag during combat over long distances? he was a Georgian / CSA General.

At the first Bull Run he sent a message via flags to Shanks Evans alerting him his position was turned.

Resica

Who became the first person / signal officer / engineer to transmit a message using a flag during combat over long distances? he was a Georgian / CSA General.

At the first Bull Run he sent a message via flags to Shanks Evans alerting him his position was turned.

E.P. Alexander.

westcobbdog

What SEC power house school did the Sherman work at before the war? Rumor has it he helped them develop a solid ground attack with serious firepower.

westcobbdog

Who was the oldest Officer of the Old Army who took up arms vs United States at wars outbreak?

Hint, he was a Georgian and has a County in middle Ga named for him.

Last edited:

RBM

Who was the oldest Officer of the Old Army who took up arms vs United States at wars outbreak?

Hint, he was a Georgian and has a County in middle Ga named for him.

Are you kidding? There are so many little counties in GA you can't stir them with a stick. Virtually all of them are named after some personage or other.

westcobbdog

You are correct Robert, there are 159 Counties. Should have mentioned he was a General Officer and was born in the late 1700's. General Twiggs it is.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Found it
I'm in
I'm about 10 miles from the home of R Toombs, EP Alexander, and A Stephens at deer camp this morning. Sitting on the porch watching it rain. Where am I ??

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Found it
I'm in
I'm about 10 miles from the home of R Toombs, EP Alexander, and A Stephens at deer camp this morning. Sitting on the porch watching it rain. Where am I ??

Deer camp?

Well that is correct. But, I was in northern Taliaferro county just east of Washington Ga and north of Crawfordville Ga. The 3 men I listed lived in those cities.

RBM

What was Tampa's role in the WFSR? Hint: Tampa is a port.

There were two battles/engagements there. Can you name them?

Attachments

• Flag_of_Florida_(1861).svg.jpg
    Flag_of_Florida_(1861).svg.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,773
Last edited:

Clifton Hicks

Battle of Tampa in '62 and Battle of Fort Brooke in '63 or '64. Neither would be thought of as "battles" had they taken place up in the major theaters of the war.

RBM

Battle of Tampa in '62 and Battle of Fort Brooke in '63 or '64. Neither would be thought of as "battles" had they taken place up in the major theaters of the war.

Correct and that is why I put in engagements. You win a cigar. A Hav-A-Tampa. Next question over to you.

ds-hta.jpg

Tampa was a major trading center and harbor for blockade runners. Cigar production came much later after the war around 1887 as far as I know.

Figured you would rather have a cigar than a kewpie doll.

HK-03%20-%20Kewpie%20Doll%20-%20crop.JPG

Last edited:

westcobbdog

I don't know much about Fla's Civil War engagements. Think the biggest battle was either Oulustee(sp) or natural bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.