Warner Robins!

Kidd

Help a guy out. Just got stationed in Warner Robins and I’m looking for some friends to show me the ropes! I just got started hunting last year and really loved it but obviously I have A LOT to learn. I have all the stuff I need except the knowledge which makes hunting public land hard. Anyone wanna be my mentor if you will lol

oldguy

Well sorry no-one's replied. Maybe there's an "Outdoor/Sportsmans Club" on base?
I'm too far away to be of any benefit but my advice would be to start prospecting any nearby public land now. Visit a couple then pick the one you like the best. Then just spend time wandering around checking things out. Look for sign - tracks, plants that have been browsed (nipped off on the end). Look for old rubs (small trees with the bark rubbed off) Look for oak trees (learn to identify water oak, white oak). Understand that what and where deer need and travel changes with the seasons. It's usually hot and dry in late summer/early fall a water source could be key. Go back to those oaks (water oaks will probably be dropping before season opens Sept.) and check for sign (tracks, droppings, feeding). Each time you go anytime you find a trail follow it see where they're going. It's a steep learning curve with or without help. Enjoy the journey. Learn something each time you're out. Don't give up. It will happen!

Twiggbuster

Try Oaky Woods and Ocmulgee Wma’s nearby. Excellent woods. Deer, hogs turkey, bear.
Get near sign, get where you can see, sit still.
Most essential piece of equipment- thermocell.
Welcome to “Wonderful Robins “ :sneaky:

back_woods

There is some prime hunting and fishing opportunities on base