Warwoman Camping

Whitetailer

I spent ten days camping in the Toccoa/Clayton area. I camped at Sara's Creek CG 6/24 - 7/2. The weekend was busy, but come Sunday afternoon I had the place to myself with the exception of folks driving in to use the toilet or put trash in the bins. I fished Warwoman Creek and got a few Rainbows. I fished Overflow Creek and got a few more Trout. I fished a couple "holes" in Sara's Creek and added a few more to my tally. Everything ate a soft hackle hares ear nymph with bead. It rained every day, but mostly just a little. Pretty country! Lots of water to explore. Lots of waterfalls.

Attachments

• 20200628_112325_resized (1).jpg
    20200628_112325_resized (1).jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 20200629_173141_resized (1).jpg
    20200629_173141_resized (1).jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 20200630_110414_resized (1).jpg
    20200630_110414_resized (1).jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 20200701_131148_resized (1).jpg
    20200701_131148_resized (1).jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 180

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Good stuff!

Whitetailer

The Keys are too toxic right now, cant go home.... I'm heading back up to the north Georgia mountains. Be there Sunday the 26th til?????? Probably stay at Sara's Creek again. Its a gem, Especially during the week.

S.Tanner

The Keys are too toxic right now, cant go home.... I'm heading back up to the north Georgia mountains. Be there Sunday the 26th til?????? Probably stay at Sara's Creek again. Its a gem, Especially during the week.

What do you mean about the Keys? Just curious.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
I haven't fished Warwoman, Sara's, Tuckaluge et al. in over 50 years. My first trout fishing trip was with some fraternity brothers, one from Clarkesville. We picked up his granddad's camper and towed it to Warwoman Dell. We had a great trip and caught fish there and at Earl's Ford on the Chattooga where Warwoman met the river. You wouldn't believe how many empty PBR cans can fit in a camper. Gil

Whitetailer

S.Tanner,

I have lived and worked as a charter guide in Islamorada for 41 years. Of course it is much more crowded these days and traffic can be horrendous. That coupled with the heat and the current state of affairs {virus and politics there of} its like lots of places, just no fun anymore. Fishing is still great for the most part. Crowds of Dade and Broward County people are coming to the keys in droves. Those two counties have very bad virus rates. There are way too many people trying to enjoy the upper Keys and MCSO has had to close some roadside areas and launching ramps where the parked cars and litter got overwhelming. I have depended on tourism for decades to run my business and support my family, but these are different times. I have not been to a restaurant or bar in over 4 months. Soooo, I have a contract on my house and hope to close by 9/10......if there is no hurricane imminent:ROFLMAO:
In closing, the Keys are a magical place to fish and live and I do not regret being a part of a great community all these years.

Doug B.

Well you should be able to find a place to relocate here in the mountains. Be warned though, real estate is pretty expensive here. I mean....who wouldn't want to live here?

Whitetailer

Doug B, I'm going to travel for maybe 2 years. I have learned my way around in Montana, Wyoming and Colorado and know some folks where I can park my camper. A friend has 5 acres in Salida, Co and says I can shuttle guide boats if I want...
May or may not buy something out there...My Key Largo house sale closes on 9/10 yipeee...

Buy, yeah I have spent lots of time all over the northern tier of Georgia. Love it...

deermaster13

Nice pics. That little fall in your last picture all my girls played in that hole when they were growing up. Lots of good memories on Sarahs Creek.

ChidJ

I was up there this week as well. What an excellent place. Was doing some casual scouting for the bear hunt on the 26th. Super glad there are such nice public places like Warwoman.

Whitetailer

It was very nice. Met people that were great. It was not about the trout fishing so much I needed to get away from the keys, as my house was for sale and vacant. Went back up a second time and a buddy from Rockmart met me. The rain was a bit of a downer. Beautiful mountains and people..