Washer and Dryer

LTZ25

I need to buy a new dryer and might as well get a washer at same time , anyone know of a good place to buy from around Milledgeville or a store that will deliver and set up . Not Lowes , they don't seem to have much in stock , looking for a high quality pair .

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
find someone who sells SpeedQueen. Buy the classic model washer...

You won't ever have to buy another one.

GoldDot40

You can still order through Lowe's website and their local delivery folks will be the ones to deliver and set it up. The website will have a lot broader inventory than the brick and mortar store will anyway.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
You can still order through Lowe's website and their local delivery folks will be the ones to deliver and set it up. The website will have a lot broader inventory than the brick and mortar store will anyway.
And it will get delivered 8 weeks at minimum when you buy it in these strange times we live in.

Rivershot

I need to buy a new dryer and might as well get a washer at same time , anyone know of a good place to buy from around Milledgeville or a store that will deliver and set up . Not Lowes , they don't seem to have much in stock , looking for a high quality pair .

Haskins in Gray. One of the last mom and pop places anywhere. And they carry Speed Queen.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
You will not like new products. Try and find washer with an agitator.

Believe speed queen is the only one on the market with an agitator.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
As said above buy a washer with an agitator!!!! Try not to purchase any that have the computer boards in them. I have kept our old washer going by ordering all the parts off ebay!!! Guess I am just cheap.....

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
As said above buy a washer with an agitator!!!! Try not to purchase any that have the computer boards in them. I have kept our old washer going by ordering all the parts off ebay!!! Guess I am just cheap.....

Agree on the computer boards especially if on a well. Replaced ours 2 or 3 times before double filtering our well water.

LTZ25

Haskins in Gray. One of the last mom and pop places anywhere. And they carry Speed Queen.
They are bring a set of Speed Queens top of the line today , thanks for the info on theses good people . I could have fixed the dryer myself and kept the washer but what the heck .

TomC

Been looking at the Speed Queen and Maytag Commercial old school agitators. In the Speed Queen it seems like most reviews really favor the Speed Clean Classic model over the newer Perfect Wash washer. Seems like a lot of the reviews of the SQ Perfect Wash are akin to when "New Coke" was introduced. Not quite that amount backlash but I'm leaning towards the SQ Classic. Old school and apparently loud but if you could get 20 years out one sounds like the way to go.

LTZ25

Mr Haskins came out and installed my washer and dryer had it going by 1:00 , what a great store to deal with . I got the 7000 series and they are so smooth you can barely hear them running . So glad I got on here and asked for ideas instead of going to Lowes and getting in line for a who knows when delivery .
BEC9B3B7-0F84-4921-B1EA-F43565B1EDF1.jpeg

Rivershot

Haskins is also a good place to get parts and advice for broken appliances