Washer help

hipster dufus

Lookin for opinions on a new washer. Sick of dealing w my front load kenmore. 2 adults in house
, simple top loader, no bells and whistles. Dont even want he or water saver. TIA

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Looked at speed queen$$$$$. Lil too much for 2 people

the TC5 is about $1,000. I believe it has a 3 year parts and labor in house warranty. Lifetime on basket and tub. While it ain't cheap, you won't ever have to buy another one. And the Classic will clean your clothes. Period.

Bought a 600$ washer at a box store it filled up about 6” of water sloshed my clothes around for 10 minutes and barley rinsed the soap out, I gave it back to them.
Found a speed queen dealer and got a real washing machine.

Jim Baker

Staff member
Speed Queen. Had 2. First was was damaged in a fire not sure how old it was
but it never gave any trouble and cleaned clothes. Second is 11 years old now
without a hitch.

Got a Speed Queen Dryer as well 11 years old with no problems.

Both have mechanical controls which is what the wife likes.

hipster dufus

I keep seeing bad reviews, looking at tr3 or tc5. Anyone own one?

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I've had good luck with Whirlpool top load washers. I've had mine for 20 years and only required service once. The local service guy said that Whirlpools were still easy to work on, rarely required service, and recommended I hold on to it as long as I could.

Stroker

If it's a HE(high efficiency) model keep on looking no matter brand.

Artfuldodger

As for I know aren't all the new ones, water savers? The top loaders I seen don't use much water. We keep ours on "Super" load size and it still don't put a lot of water in it. It soaks a few times to make up for lack of a lot of water. They also make a lot of noises for agitation and solenoid valves, etc.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Found a tc5, 1049$. Anyone have one?

we do. Had it for about 8 months, no issues, but not a long time owner. I do know some people that have had them long term, and really like them

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I've had good luck with Whirlpool top load washers. I've had mine for 20 years and only required service once. The local service guy said that Whirlpools were still easy to work on, rarely required service, and recommended I hold on to it as long as I could.

the old Whirlpools were good machines. The new ones... not so much

TurkeyH90

I buy old ones from a guy that repairs them in WR. Around 150-200$. Ive gotten 3 years out of the last one. Noisy but WASHES our clothes.Much better than the 3 modern machines I paid over a grand apiece for that barely wet your clothes.

twtabb

New ones with no agitator don’t work well. Have to use heavy load cycle to get enough water in the tub.

ucfireman

Roper with Agitator. $400 at Lowes.
Had a top load HE, clothes came out smelling the same as they went in and would not rinse the soap out.
I would not buy anything without an agitator.